What's new

Why can't I delete a usb folder when in Asus ax88U

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Katy

Occasional Visitor
Hello All-I am trying to delete a folder in the Merlin Asus Samba screen. Whenever I try to delete the folder, I get a 'Failer to delete share folder". I try to turn off enable Samba and try to delete folder, but even this does not help. I am using a Mac and have unmounted the drive too. Any ideas?

Thanks.

Yes. I was able to delete them by moving network USB drive to my laptop and delete them. There were two folders that were log and I wasn't sure if I should delete them. The folders were temp folder and network trash folder. Should I delete them?

There were two folders that were log and I wasn't sure if I should delete them. The folders were temp folder and network trash folder. Should I delete them?
I don't recognise those folder names so I don't think they're anything to do with the router.

You could try using winscp (or a mac equivilant) , logging into the router through that using scp log in , then going to the /tmp/mnt directory and deleting any rogue folders there, without having to plug the usb directly into another computer.