What's new

Why Do Most Top End Home Wireless Routers Come in Black...?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

It's a trend. Similarly, PC cases used to be beige, until a few years ago where they all went with black. Same with computer monitors.

DLink still manufactures white products, however I don't know if their high-end models are also white.

One time Routers came in Blue, then Silver, then White/Grey,, then black, then glossy black. There were some red ones also. Slate on the more expensive ones from Cisco. Dust build up form static electric near it.

Matches nearly any color, and it is slimming.

*smile*

Last edited:
BTW, would it affect the wireless performance if I spray paint the router? Maybe the type of paint will have an effect?

Cheers.

Should be no problem. Make sure to sand off the old paint before applying the new paint. Then apply a thin coat of carnauba wax followed by a good buff job.

Black is able to absorb surrounding radiation, allowing you to have a cleaner outgoing signal.

The wedge shape of some routers also gives the signal a greater ability to cut through walls and surrounding objects.

Some routers also now have blade shaped antennas allowing the signals to slice through interfering signals better.

;)

This thread is comic relief.

Always opt for virgin white to get pure, unadulterated wifi signal. :p

: )

Was serious myself though. Could have sought for a EnGenius if not for its so-so performance, and perhaps Apple's if not for its high price and mechanical fan.

Cheers.

Remember when almost all PC's were biege? Now they're all black. Like I said, goes with anything and is slimming *smile*.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!