What's new

Why does Wifi Radar say channel 48 is 10 Mhz bandwith?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Morac

I just replaced my RT-AC3100 with a GT-AX6000. I normally kept my AC3100's 5 GHz radio on channel 48 since that seems to work more reliably.

When I first started up the GT-AX6000 and updated it to 3.0.0.4.388_22068 and configured it from scratch, it was set to auto so it picked 149. That seemed okay, but I noticed some higher than normal pings. I went to check out the WifI Radar and it seemed okay and said that it was using 80 Mhz of bandwidth.

I decided to switch to channel 48, leaving all other settings as their default, to see if that was better. It wasn't but I noticed that the Wifi Radar said that channel 48 is only 10 Mhz with a maximum speed of 5 mbps and no ac support. This despite the Wifi log page showing a number of devices were using 80 Mhz of bandwidth and speed tests up in the 600 mbps.

I tried switching back to Auto which for some reason picked 48, so I manually switched to 149 and WiFi Radar showed it was again 80 Mhz. Switching back to 48 again shows 10 Mhz.

Why does Wifi Radar show 10 Mhz bandwidth if the router is on channel 48?

Last edited:
What's WiFi Radar?

I would go with what the router Wireless Log and the connected clients report.

OE

I have no idea..does your wwifi radar find your neighbors wifi? My wifi radar doesn't list my wifi at my149 ...but list it at 40? That might be my rokus wifi direct...But.. it list nothing else... I surmised the wifi radar is broken as it finds nothing in the area..that or I don't know how to operate it

Yes it finds my neighbors routers. I’m actually seeing dozens of networks, most of them “Xfinity” since Xfinity gateways have public Wi-Fi hotspots.

i really have no idea why their are so many networks around me. I’m in a townhouse, but there are only 4 houses on my side of the street and no houses behind me. Basically some of the networks need to be coming from houses across the street or on the adjacent block.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!