What's new

Why has nobody mentioned Firmware 112 for RT-N66U?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

tbessie

Regular Contributor
Hey folks...

I see people here talking about Firmware Rev 108, 114b, 116b, etc. but the latest "official" firmware from Asus' site is rev 112.

I haven't seen any threads devoted to that new firmware.

Is nobody using it? Is there some fatal flaw with it?

- Tim

hi,
I tried them all and I came around to 112. It works fine with me with what I do.

It was mentioned in the other thread that it was released. Not sure why no one has really talked about it. I'm running 116b and am having no issues.

I'm running .112 and have same issue as earlier with my SONOS system breaking the GUI - But i live with it - disconnecting the SONOS when i need to do config changes.

116b

Dosent .116b illustratate a slow down in general speed as reported by other users?

CC

.116 now working fine

Dosent .116b illustratate a slow down in general speed as reported by other users?

CC

I was the one having erratic download and throughput speeds with .116

Reloaded 116 for the 3rd time and for the last 2 days download and throughput speeds have been as good as .108, .112 and .114.

What I learned: Flashing the firmware more than once (3 times) may be necessary to get things working correctly. Vram was cleared successfully each time using telnet commands. I did download .116b again and used it for the 3rd attempt. Maybe my original .116b DL was defective or was not loading correctly?

Everything is now fast and stable with .116;)

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!