What's new

Asus RT-AX92U Boot loop Kernel Panic

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

FlatRoof

New Around Here
Hi all. I only recently learnt about SNB and have been devoting a lot of time reading threads and trying to learn as much as possible. Thank you all for contributing and helping people like me who know very little on the tech side of things. I've committed to learn so here I am. Most of what I have recently done regarding my router I have picked up from here and elsewhere, so my brain is a little frazzled trying to understand, lookup, understand, lookup, understand...apply. I hope I can make sense of any help that comes my way.

My router is a RT-AX92U. It's in a boot loop, I puchased it like that. It turns on 5ghz LED turns on, turns off, then power LED turns on for a while and then 5ghz LED tunrs on and remains on. After about 20secs the power LED flashes on and off which is the reboot taking place these LED events repeat themselves. There is no ethernet connection, however there is a brief moment during boot that an IP is provided but then disconnects. I am able to use the restoration utility. Have tried resets reset&WPS but to no avail. Cannot SSH or telnet since no ethernet connection. So, opened router and did UART. Connected and viewed output. But doesn't make sense to me. All these things I just mentioned I learnt what they were and how to do them over the course of a week., including understanding serial/UART but cannot extract the screen output so just been copying and pasting. Router doesn't see the USB. I am able to get to 2 prompts: 1) the CFE> prompt and the, 2) admin@(none):/tmp/home/root#

Via the restoration utility, I have done an upgrade to the latest ASUS firmware, still bootloops, downgraded to the first ASUS released firmware, still bootloops, applied Gnuton for AX92U, still bootloops. The call/stack trace are the same for all. I'm attaching the logs for all three. If there's anything else required to diagnose please let me know. Also, if the conclusion is hardware fault, then please share with me what part of the hardware/type of hardware fault etc. Is there anything in the logs indicating the hardware? There is a section stating:
## mount sysfs: Device or resource busy
## mkdir /dev/pts: File exists
## mount devpts: Device or resource busy
1: set_action 0

Is there a synch issue at which point it gives up later on. What's the "DYING GASP IRQ Initialized and Enabled"? Also, why is ethernet available during bootloader but not when firmware is loaded ie. at admin@(none):/tmp/home/root#?

Thank you for reading.

Attachments

• After_Gnuton_Install_Log.txt
    74.5 KB · Views: 35
  • ASUS Downgrade_ FW_3.0.0.4.384_5979-g89ad5ec_Log.txt
    56.5 KB · Views: 30
  • ASUS FW_3.0.0.4.388_22525-gd35b8fe_Log.txt
    56.6 KB · Views: 33
Yes have tried the methods and different PSUs. Can you make sense of the logs and identify the actual cause?

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!