What's new

Why is NetGear's N600 WNDR3700 WiFi 10 times Slower Than EtherNet

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Jeffrey Rubalow

New Around Here
When I connect my laptop to the router using an ethernet cable, my speedtest results are roughly 120 down and 12 up. When I connect my laptop to the router wirelessly, my speedtest results are roughly 12 down and 12 up. Does anybody have any ideas that can help?

When I connect my laptop to the router using an ethernet cable, my speedtest results are roughly 120 down and 12 up. When I connect my laptop to the router wirelessly, my speedtest results are roughly 12 down and 12 up. Does anybody have any ideas that can help?

Yup! An Asus router running RMerlin firmware. :)

At what speed is your device connected? If it's only connecting at 54 Mbps due to a configuration issue, then 10-15 Mbps throughput would be expected.

Because ethernet is a wire while wireless uses radio frequency to transmit the data. Breaking it down to brass tacks, it will always be easier to send an electric signal over a wire then negotiate it over radio waves through thin air. Wireless is for convenience. If you want performance, choose wired/ethernet.