What's new

Why no word on any new Merlin builds ?

• Thread starter Deleted member 22229
  • Start date
  • SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be fair, the thread title has an air of entitlement to it. But who cares? Otherwise, this thread (in its entirety) is a microcosm of everything that has changed for the worse here.

That was kind of rude, actually. Even Asus is still working on 388 code. Popular model AX86U stable is not out yet and AX88U was quick fixed few times already. Why not straight 388.1_2 @RMerlin next week? Make sure it has WireGuard in GUI and VPN Director integrated. Don't forget the RGB control. :confused:

I think you read 'firmware update' instead of firmware 'news'. :oops:

Oh the joys of asynchronous chat! :)

OE

I read demands and impatience. I don't use Asuswrt-Merlin firmware, but I knew already RMerlin was waiting for the new code, he's going to review it first and then start working with it. Now what, progress reports? More similar threads are coming in next few weeks - after every 388 official release for X model router.

Reactions: a5m
I read demands and impatience. I don't use Asuswrt-Merlin firmware, but I knew already RMerlin was waiting for the new code, he's going to review it first and then start working with it. Now what, progress reports? More similar threads are coming in next few weeks - after every 388 official release for X model router.

OK. But it's not your job to critique perceived moods... now get back to your sun and fun in southern Spain... do you know that Spain is the world's leading supplier of slate, but the best slate is mined in Wales. :)

OE

I read demands and impatience.

What a stupid comment. I am not even on Merlin firmware at this time. Also working 12 hours a day right now i am certainly in no hurry for a rushed out firmware. Who died and made you the forum god? If you don't like it tuff crap i don't care what you like or want. If you don't like this thread then get lost.

Last edited by a moderator:
you guys need more smile emojis! it's easier to ascribe intent when you can't see a person's face.
in any case i also want more RMerlin builds but less reliable ones. latest releases are rock solid for me, and my router/rmerlin just works and there are no issues. boring. what is this, an appliance? supposed to be high tech and glitchy
:)

Folks, please behave, or I`ll close this thread.

I am asking you please close this thread and delete it. Sorry for using a forum to ask a simple question. Once again Tech9 has to inject his stupid childish comments and destroy another thread he should be banned from here all together. Please close or delete this thread.

Sorry for using a forum to ask a simple question.

Q: Asus just released firmware 3.0.0.4.xxx_yyyyy! Will you implement it/when will you merge it?
A: The first thing that needs to occur for me to be able to merge new code is for Asus to release the GPL code. Next, that code must be available for all models that I support, or at least still be compatible with the binary components of the previous GPL release. Until all of these requirements are met, I cannot do anything.

As "Part of the Furniture" you had to read the sticky threads at least.

This is the answer new forum members get when they ask similar questions, every time. One of the forum members who liked your post is usually the first one to reply with a link to the above thread.

Have a good weekend!

Reactions: a5m
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!