What's new

WiFi 6 Asus RT-AX88U and Intel AX201 work well together

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

dylanmitchell

Regular Contributor
Have a new laptop with the AX201 and it's working well with the RT-AX88U WiFi 6. It easily handles our 300/ 30Mbps plan, and I'd expect it to easily run gig speeds. Of course now that we have the new system there's the newer AX210 with 6E but we'd need a much faster connection and a 6E router to take advantage of it. Anyone else have a running the new Intel WiFi 6 or 6E?

I have upgraded a few laptops and desktops to the Intel Wi-Fi 6E AX210 and all are currently running the latest 22.40.0.7 drivers in Windows 10 20H2 19042.870 and I'm personally using 2x RT-AX86U's in wired (2.5GbE) backhaul mode without issues on RMerlin 386.2 Beta 2. It was noticeable how a mere $20 to $30 for the upgraded chipset (even over the AX200 on my devices) made for a better (lower latency) connection to my AX class routers.

A faster ISP isn't the only reason to upgrade the Wi-Fi chips on supported devices. Just like AX routers provide benefits to AC class clients (just like AC class routers did the same to non-AC class clients previously), AX Wi-Fi 6E clients perform better, with less latency and possibly less power usage even with lower-class routers too.

Highly recommended if your devices are upgradable and you can do it yourself for minimal cost/effort.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!