What's new

Solved Wifi 6 / ax connection testing

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Mathieu

Regular Contributor
Hello

[Edit: GUI does indeed offer the ability to activate/deactivate wifi 6 (Wireless/General/Enable wifi 6). Dumb I. I guess I must try on the client itself. Apologies.]

My router is ax-capable and I am considering getting hold of a wifi6-ready client, mainly on the assumption I would get improved performance.
The question I would like to ask is the following:
Since the client (iPad) is also ac-capable, how could I know it actually connects to the faster ax network and not the ac?
Is there a way I could try and compare its performance wrt to the ac connection? As far as I can tell (and please don't take my word for that) I can enable/disable 5GHz network on the router, but can't think of a way to discriminate between a b/g/n/ac or ax.

Thanks for reading

Last edited:
If your talking about Asus routers then the router will tell you what the client is connecting with. Look in the system log then wireless log tab.

OP, I wouldn't worry too much because clients usually connect on the newest/fastest wifi technology automatically, common to client & router. Bit of a non issue IMHO.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!