What's new

WiFi 6 Qualcomm Networking Pro 1200 routers ...

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

XFalconX

Regular Contributor
Hello Everyone

Very new to the website and topic and looking for a new router to upgrade to from the current one I have : Asus RT-AC68U. With all the new IoT devices connected and cutting the cored and streaming everything I feel like it is a bit sluggish.

Is there a listing of the routers that have the QUALCOMM 1200 pro chip? I know Orbi AX and the Amplifi Alien do, however would like to know if there is any word on new ones coming out soon

Any thoughts on which chip is superior Qualcom vs the Broadcom wifi 6 variations

Qualcomm has not had many design-ins to date. The products you cite are probably using the V2 "Hawkeye" chip (IPQ8074 V2, et al.)

The NETGEAR RAX120 is the only of the first-round AX routers to use Hawkeye V1. I expect it will be quietly upgraded to the V2 chip at some point. For now, all RAX120's are incapable of supporting uplink OFDMA since the V1 device can't.

Hello Everyone

Very new to the website and topic and looking for a new router to upgrade to from the current one I have : Asus RT-AC68U. With all the new IoT devices connected and cutting the cored and streaming everything I feel like it is a bit sluggish.

Is there a listing of the routers that have the QUALCOMM 1200 pro chip? I know Orbi AX and the Amplifi Alien do, however would like to know if there is any word on new ones coming out soon

Any thoughts on which chip is superior Qualcom vs the Broadcom wifi 6 variations

My understanding is Qualcom is better as of now. Their drivers (for the chipset) are more feature complete and in general the hardware is better\newer.

Then you should ask them why only two of their AX routers are Qualcomm-based.

My guess was cost. That's why the Rax120 is dual band and not tri band. If you notice the rax120 has wpa3 already enabled. It's because Qualcomm provided drivers and Broadcom still has not. Qualcomm chipsets are more expensive then Broadcom, so knowing Netgear it's all about the cash.

Is Asus coming out with a new ROG AX 11000 with Qualcomm 1200 pro chip?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That would be a different product. AX11000 uses a Broadcom platform.

Yes I am aware it would be different, read on another post they filed a NDA, and was trying to see if there was any more information

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Almost $300 for an AP (not router)? Not worth it IMO. And last time I looked at an EnGenius AX AP (2x2 model) OFDMA frames were very screwy.

Maybe they've fixed it, maybe not. I asked for a link to new firmware and never received a reply.

Take a look around EnGenius' support website for firmware.

I found on both the 2x2 and 4x4 under resources there is firmware download. I do agree 300 is expensive but considering rokus and some others charging over 1k. Also my biggest question is do you think it's the 1200pro or something else. I kind of like the idea of not having a space ship in eyes sight anymore. The wife would probably pay me and buy this AP to get rid of my spaceship router lol .

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191228-073425_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20191228-073425_Chrome.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 339

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!