What's new

[Wifi-AC68U] Noob inside "only" 550mbps on wifi

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

CroqueMr

New Around Here
Hello,
I just bought an asus ac68u, I installed merlin and disable beamforming and other fancy stuffs to improve the bandwidth, and it works I went from 500mbps to 550mbps on 5ghz (I can't manage to get more than 150mbps on 2,4, I tested every channel. If you have any advice I am interested too).
But I have a gigabit fiber (I got 990mbps with an ethernet cable) and i would like to know if is it possible to reach this bandwidth on a 5ghz wifi connection.
I tested the 5ghz wifi connection with several devices on speedtest.net, the best I can get is 550 mbps with my macbook pro
Macbook pro 15 2018 : 550mbps
Dell XPS 15 2017: 450mbps
Samsung s9+ : 450mbps
Iphone 7 450mbps

Thank you

change 2.4G bandwith to 40MHz to get 300Mb/s and 80MHz on 5G to get 800Mb/s.

change 2.4G bandwith to 40MHz to get 300Mb/s and 80MHz on 5G to get 800Mb/s.

So what is the best (most courteous?) practice for setting 2.4 GHz bandwidth, assuming you have neighboring WiFi... 20 MHz or 40 MHz.

OE

what do you get on a LAN connection ? and is't the speed you're getting the actual limit of the 5Ghz band on a 68u ?

I don't have any other ethernet cable, the only one I have right now is used between my ac68u and my box, If I connect my macbook directly to my box I have 990mbps. I will have another cable on thursday.

I have this information on my mac, usually the tx rate is 1300mbps, I don't know if something is interesting.

1569269516-wifi.png

Hello,
I just bought an asus ac68u, I installed merlin and disable beamforming and other fancy stuffs to improve the bandwidth, and it works I went from 500mbps to 550mbps on 5ghz (I can't manage to get more than 150mbps on 2,4, I tested every channel. If you have any advice I am interested too).
But I have a gigabit fiber (I got 990mbps with an ethernet cable) and i would like to know if is it possible to reach this bandwidth on a 5ghz wifi connection.
I tested the 5ghz wifi connection with several devices on speedtest.net, the best I can get is 550 mbps with my macbook pro
Macbook pro 15 2018 : 550mbps
Dell XPS 15 2017: 450mbps
Samsung s9+ : 450mbps
Iphone 7 450mbps

Thank you
What is your link rate on your Mac.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!