What's new

Wifi gtax6000

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

If the walls are brick or concrete - nothing much you can do.

Not higher than what was preset for your region. Even if it was possible increasing the router's Tx power above certain limit won't translate into more range. Wi-Fi communication goes both ways and your clients won't be able to reach the router through 3 walls anyway.

Thank you very much for the detailed answer, I will try everything. I have to use the existing router for 2 computers, I disconnect its wifi and connect it with a long cable to the ax6000 for the wan input

Can you give us a detailed as possible diagram of your setup?

Including the general region the router is used in, along with local specifics like wall/floor construction and anything else that may help us point you to a possible solution.

Are you able to move the routers around? Is the home wired (at all)? Again, more details will be helpful.

Once again; if you've been toggling settings back and forth on your current setup, it may be time to do a full reset and begin at the factory defaults again (some/many settings do not fully turn 'off' when simply toggled on/off via the GUI).

Do not change or enable settings without a reason. Provide the details as asked for above, perform a full reset, then ask for guidance when your router and network are in a good/known state (right now, we don't know where it's at).

First of all, many thanks to the forum for all the help, I installed the latest beta version and the router is now stable, the wifi reaches all areas of the house but there are places where it is really weak. I tried to change channels but it's the same, in my old Xiaomi router it was possible to set the transmission strength and it He would also reach the faraway regions.

Remember what I told you before? Don't count on someone else's experience in different region and environment.

Need help, gtax6000, wifi signal is very weak and also does not recognize frequency 5.
Just to put my two cents in, 388.22068 firmware has major issues. I would flush the older firmware into the router and see what happens, version 388.21617. That's what I did and I'm still running that version until they come up with a newer one. Like @Spartan said, there's the BETA version out, but I'm waiting for the non BETA to be published.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!