What's new

Wifi Interference with Bluetooth

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

doczenith1

Very Senior Member
This is somewhat off-topic but I did consult google with no avail so I figured I'd ask here because you guys are a bunch of really smart guys and most likely will know the answer.

I have bluetooth earbuds that work great at the gym. They will easily go 70-80 before dropping out. Only wifi at the gym is their crappy 2.4 GHz router that works half the time (at 3G speeds). I was in my back yard today doing yard work and the range on the earbuds was terrible. I could maybe go 20 feet from my phone and they would cut out. No obstructions. However, there are around 20 other 2.4 GHz wifi sources with the majority between -90 and -70 dBm and a few near -60 and then mine at -40 which I was connected to. Was this just a fluke or are the other 2.4 GHz sources interfering with the earbuds.

Earbuds - Denon AH-W150 Exercise Freak and the spec sheet says Bluetooth 3.0 connectivity.
Phone - Moto X 2013 - Bluetooth specs: v4.0, A2DP, EDR, LE

Thanks guys!!

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!