What's new

WiFi router support

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

pls

New Around Here
I have a Netgear R7800 router. It mostly works, but about once a month gets into a state where one machine on the network can't see other machines. This can be temporarily fixed by rebooting the router.

In working out the problem, I discovered that Netgear provides no support after 90 days, zero, nothing, unless you buy a service contract that costs nearly as much as the router. I'm not buying a Netgear product again.

I have to criticize the SNB route rating for ignoring warranty and quality of support. Support is like a parachute. It doesn't matter until you need it, then it matters a lot.

So which manufacturers provide good support?

Welcome to the forums.

Asus is far and away the best supported router of all the consumer/prosumer brands available. With firmware releases available for many years after they're new.

The router you have is still excellent. Flash the Voxel firmware for your router and enjoy the quality of your product once again.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!