What's new

WiFi Smartscale no longer working after flashing

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

folfox

Occasional Visitor
Hey guys, I'm pretty sure my scale was working prior to flashing to Merlin... just wanted to get some input if this has happened to anyone else / anyone knows a fix.
Looks like it's not connecting to my router (at first I thought skynet was blocking it)
Here's what it says in the system log:

Jan 27 18:56:59 kernel: E2:1F:BC:17:CE:91 not mesh client, can't update it's ip
Jan 27 18:56:59 kernel: 70:F1:1C:83:55:E4 not mesh client, can't update it's ip
Jan 27 18:56:59 kernel: E2:1F:BC:17:CE:91 not mesh client, can't update it's ip
Jan 27 18:56:59 kernel: 70:F1:1C:83:55:E4 not mesh client, can't update it's ip
Jan 27 18:57:52 wlceventd: wlceventd_proc_event(469): eth6: Deauth_ind 70:F1:1C:83:55:E4, status: 0, reason: Disassociated due to inactivity (4)
Jan 27 18:57:52 hostapd: eth6: STA 70:f1:1c:83:55:e4 IEEE 802.11: disassociated

Not sure where the second MAC is coming from (70:F1:1C:83:55:E4 is my scale)

Either reboot or power down your entire network and all wired devices. Wait for 10 - 20 minutes. Power it back up.

Either reboot or power down your entire network and all wired devices. Wait for 10 - 20 minutes. Power it back up.
Still getting the same error unfortunately. Looked into it a bit more and looks like the scale has a ton of compatibility issues with some routers. It will connect at initial set up, but once it tries to connect again to send a reading it's unable to.

Can you fully reset the scale? Do so if possible. Test if it can connect with a new Guest network SSID. Try with both 2.5GHz and 5.0GHz Guest bands.

What router and firmware are you using? Was a full reset to factory defaults performed after flashing this firmware? What firmware was on the router before this version?

Can you fully reset the scale? Do so if possible. Test if it can connect with a new Guest network SSID. Try with both 2.5GHz and 5.0GHz Guest bands.

What router and firmware are you using? Was a full reset to factory defaults performed after flashing this firmware? What firmware was on the router before this version?
No way to "fully reset" the scale other than setting it up as new again... which I have done. It is not compatible with 5 GHz so I've only been using the 2.4.

I'm using an AX88U on Beta5. I was on Beta3 previously, stock before that.
Recently Skynet stopped working on beta3 so I performed a M&M reset w/ jffs reformat w/ the upgrade to Beta5. After beta5 I did a factory reset - and even used new SSIDs.

Test for new (Guest) SSID's as suggested in the appropriate steps below.

M&M 2020 Specifics

If the scale still doesn't connect, you may have to adjust the settings on the 2.5GHz band's wireless radio to 'below' its AX capabilities to accommodate the scale then.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!