1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice

Welcome To SNBForums

SNBForums is a community for anyone who wants to learn about or discuss the latest in wireless routers, network storage and the ins and outs of building and maintaining a small network.

If you'd like to post a question, simply register and have at it!

While you're at it, please check out SmallNetBuilder for product reviews and our famous Router Charts, Ranker and plenty more!

Will Asus mobile app work if i install Merlin

Discussion in 'Asuswrt-Merlin' started by vivo231, Dec 3, 2019.

1. vivo231

vivo231 New Around Here

I want to update my Asus router to Merlin firmware will it still support the Asus mobile APP ..which is a must for me to control kids devices on the fly.

2. RMerlin

RMerlin Super Moderator

Yes, but I cannot guarantee that it will be fully working, since I have no control over it.

3. JDB

JDB Very Senior Member

In the last few weeks it’s started reporting the router as unsupported and not working at all. It’s pretty frustrating as I used to use it all the time to check stuff

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. EventPhotoMan

EventPhotoMan Senior Member

Yes it works well, all function on my rt-ac86u

Kingp1n likes this.
  5. hw1380

hw1380 Occasional Visitor

I was using the iOS app 1 or 2 years ago but I uninstalled the app again because I noticed that the app enabled the WebUI WAN access automatically.

6. JDB

JDB Very Senior Member

No it doesn’t. Only if you follow its (stupid) recommendation to do so. It changes no settings by itself and does not enforce/insist on any settings to use it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Marin likes this.
  7. netware5

netware5 Senior Member

Asus mobile app has a long history of vulnerabilities. Personally I would not trust to it and will not use it at all.

L&LD likes this.
  8. royarcher

royarcher Senior Member

I don't seem to have a problem with it.I use an android phone and an rt ac 88 u router with merlin 13 firmware.The only thing it doesn't do,which would be really cool if it did, update when there's a new merlin firmware update