What's new

Will Asus RT-AC68U block certain SMB actions from a LAN client?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

a98h98h

New Around Here
I have been using the SMB network share fine on my Asus RT-AC68U. Today, I was using my phone as a video player client and I messed up on the client and it was causing several errors as if it was trying to play all kinds of named videos.

Is it possible that the asus router would somehow block my phone as a client? I don't see that anywhere in the logs, but no matter what I do on the client app (VLC 3.0.1) it keeps prompting for a login every time I try to go into the directory and it won't accept my user login. I am positive that I am using the correct login.

It seems the SMB share allows me to browse directories fine on the phone, but just won't let me list files in a directory so I can't play them.

My other systems can access the files fine, so something went wrong with the phone as client.

Does the RT68U block certain clients? Perhaps my phone threw too many errors on the server too quickly? If so, how can I release the client to be normal again?

Thank you

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!