What's new

Will MoCA Adapter Go Above Paid ISP Speed?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

bobwareinc

New Around Here
Hello!

I’ve read conflicting comments about MoCA adapters being able to go beyond the speed paid for from your ISP. If I have 100 mbps from my ISP, would this adapter bypass this speed and reach near gigabit speeds or is the adapter dependent on my ISP, remaining unchanged?

Thanks for the help!

MoCA adapters are your internal network. Your internal network will work as fast as MoCA allows. ISP is your external connection. You may get Gigabit speeds on your LAN (between your devices), but will be limited to your ISP speeds for your WAN (Internet access).

Thanks for prompt reply! So, just to make sure I understand what you’re saying, regardless of paying for 100 mbps, if I have a MoCA adapter and coax capable of reaching gigabit speed, so should my internet on my PC?

Your Internet access will be the same 100Mbps. If you access your NAS on your LAN, for example, the local file transfer will go faster.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!