What's new

Wire racks for AXE16000 router and external HDDs?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Chris313AllNight

Regular Contributor
I'm having some heat issues with 2 external HDDs that look like this: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08KTRBHP1/?tag=snbforums-20

I have some other HDDs that look like that on a huge wire shelf but nothing that would fit on a desk, which have been cool even under use. I've also a AXE16000 in the area.

Anyone know of a wire rack or similiar that I can put my router and HDDs on for max heat flow so I can get my temps down? The HDDs start bitching at 50 and are hot to the touch during this. I'd also not be averse to a multi level rack if it worked.

Use a $1.99 dish drying rack. On the floor (lower is better).

A wire rack, especially a multi-level unit, might adversely affect some of the router's function. Might not want such to emplace the router itself.

Note, that the $1.99 rack indicated above assumes a plastic construction. :)

i use this for hard rives has a big fan on back has kept my drives cool for over 7 years now , just have to clean it out once a year . it is cheap and has been running 24/7 for over 7 years i use 4 12tb drives

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!