What's new

Wired Router with 2.5/5/10g ports

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Tony Mathews

Occasional Visitor
Does anyone know of a company that has an 4-8port with 2.5g/5g/10g Router without wireless. Preferred to be wired only.

do you mean all 8 ports indepently routable or something with a built in switch? Something that can route 8*10g is going to need a BIG cpu!

if you really do want something with 8 * 10gbe ports and enough grunt to route them one of the few things that springs to mind would be the 72-core mikrotik ccr1072 ( https://mikrotik.com/product/CCR1072-1G-8Splus ) - as it's one of the few with 8 sfp+ ports AND that can actually route a fully 80gbps ( the cheaper ccr2004 can only do 40gbps)

otherwise you're probably looking at suitably grunty x86 server running pfsense/opnsense etc

do you mean all 8 ports indepently routable or something with a built in switch? Something that can route 8*10g is going to need a BIG cpu!
Just a 4 port wired router with a wan port that has 2.5g port or multiple ports. I am connected directly to my Netgear CM2000 from my desktop with a 2.5g ethernet card and just want to add an extra layer of protection by putting in a router with firewall. Really don't want to have to buy an asus or netgear wireless for a hardwired desktop.

unifi udm-pro (dual 10g sfp+) would be one option if all you need is 2.5gbe+ for both wan and lan side

mikrotik ccr2004 would be another at about the same price

trouble with the netgear/asus wireless routers is if they have a multigig port they generally only have ONE

what speed is your internet service?

otherwise there's the QNAP qhora-301w (which is wireless and about the same price as the udm-pro) - dual 10/5/2.5g-baset ports plus 4 1g-baset ports. But their software is still pretty green and not exactly feature rich (guess it'd come down to whether you want easy setup or the learning curve of the mikrotik/unifi options)

unifi udm-pro (dual 10g sfp+) would be one option if all you need is 2.5gbe+ for both wan and lan side

mikrotik ccr2004 would be another at about the same price

trouble with the netgear/asus wireless routers is if they have a multigig port they generally only have ONE

what speed is your internet service?
Running Comcast with 2 CM2000 Modems at 1200Mbps

1200 per modem. Tried load balancing with the Asus Gt-ax11000 but it drop speeds to almost 0 after 2 to 3 days and it got to where it would take down one of my modems for whatever reason.

absolutely zero mention of dual wan load balancing in the QNAP qhora docs - so guess your options are unifi or mikrotik