What's new

Wireguard in Asus Merlin - access Intranet?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

ngtimwl

New Around Here
Hi all, I'm new to SNB forum, and hope I can get some help on the configuration of Wireguard.

Currently I've setup a few WG login and can be used successfully.
I'm considering to create a login for my brother (not live in the same house) to access the Internet via my WG VPN, but I don't want him to be able to access my Intranet.

With the Wireguard general setting that "access Intranet" is being checked, is that possible to setup per login that a specific login cannot access the Intranet?

Many thanks for any answer in advance. :D

Hi all, I'm new to SNB forum, and hope I can get some help on the configuration of Wireguard.

Currently I've setup a few WG login and can be used successfully.
I'm considering to create a login for my brother (not live in the same house) to access the Internet via my WG VPN, but I don't want him to be able to access my Intranet.

With the Wireguard general setting that "access Intranet" is being checked, is that possible to setup per login that a specific login cannot access the Intranet?

Many thanks for any answer in advance. :D
If your entire lan is set to use wg vpn internet client there may be a way to accomplish something similar by denying routes via vpn director. But it wont be as secure or flexible as using the firewall.
Using the firewall will likely require you to setup custom firewall rules. Atleast I dont know any other way.

Edit: as far as I know "access intranet" option is only for the entire server, not individual clients.

Last edited: