What's new

Wireless Bridge Recommendations

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

So I pulled two Ethernet cables and power through the wall, this way I have two Ethernet connections to the router with one being a spare leading to my desk if I need to plug in another hardwired device in the future....if I was going through the work I might as well pull two of them. I used outdoor grade 24AWG solid copper grounded STP Cat6...yeah its total overkill but I had it laying around so I even terminated them with grounded metal RJ45s. Power goes up to the router along with a grounded extension cord running over to the window for the RE650. I even tapped the ground at the end of the extension cord and connected it to the RJ45 terminator lanyard. I found some of these nice cable drop plates at the hardware store to dress the openings. I only used a few hooks to suspend the cables so that they can be easily removed when I move out of this apartment. The only hole that will remain is the one behind the trim to the right of the HVAC closet door where all the cables run to my desk and an outlet, should not even be noticeable!
oJVfOah.jpg

cKN45bF.jpg

Its a pretty solid redistribution system for under $200 on its own subnet. Much better than anything a repeater could provide by itself. The only thing I have not done yet is play with the antenna positions, channels and bonding....I should be able to squeeze a little bit more performance out of it.
S5PpXbJ.jpg

Last edited: