What's new

Wireless log for mesh mode

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

mobileineurope

Occasional Visitor
I just added my first aimesh node, an ax-56U to my trusty Ax88U. I’m used to check the wireless log for speeds and signal levels etc. Now the log only shows the clients connected to the main router - not the clients connected to the mesh node. How do I see the wireless log for the clients connected to the ai-mesh node?
thanks.

Thanks for the reply. I was looking for a way to see the wireless log from the node. I tried to read the thread you suggested, and to me it looks like that covers the syslog only? Anyway, the skill level required to make it work goes a bit beyond my capabilities:)

AI Mesh is intended for central management of a number of routers. Repater mode provides exactly the same performance and access to each device.

I don't understand your answer in relation to the subject mentioned.
If AI Mesh is intended for centralized management of multiple routers, why don't I see all clients connected to all nodes in the System Log/Wireless Log section of the master node?
Currently I only see the clients connected to the master node in System Log/Wireless Log, not the clients connected to other nodes.
So the System Log/Wireless Log screen does not allow centralized management of all Ai Mesh clients.
Did I miss something?

If I reconfigured an Ai Mesh node instead in repeater mode, I would have to connect to the main router to see the clients connected to it and I would have to connect to the repeater to see the clients connected to it?
No centralized interface for the System Log/Wireless Log screen either ?

You can log into the repeater and go to /Main_WStatus_Content.asp.

That works on the 68U, not sure if your firmware is the same.

You can log into the repeater and go to /Main_WStatus_Content.asp.

That works on the 68U, not sure if your firmware is the same.

ok, but what do we see on /Main_WStatus_Content.asp (= System Log/Wireless Log) of the repeater?
Only the clients connected to the repeater I guess?
Not the ones on the main router?

The need is to see all clients in the same interface (and preferably in AI Mesh mode).