What's new

Wireless MAC Filter

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

keef

Hello.

I am using Merlin 384.4_2 on an Asus RT-AC87R. I am trying to use the wireless MAC filter to occasionally lock out a device. I am able to lock out, then re-enable the device successfully. What I cannot understand is if Iook at the entry how I I know if it is set to access or reject status?

Using Network Map if I click the globe for the device (allow internet access) it does not seem to do anything.

Under Client Status I select block the device still has a access.

Is there another way to kill a device's access from time to time?

thanks, Bj

Last edited:
Have you looked at time scheduling under Parental Controls, which is a sub-section of AIProtection?

Would that serve your needs?

Have you looked at time scheduling under Parental Controls, which is a sub-section of AIProtection?

Would that serve your needs?

Thanks a lot. That just might do it. I forgot about all the AiProtection stuff. Some of that might be awkward to use since I have Skynet and Astrill VPN but what the heck, I'll give it a try when no one is home.

thanks, Bj

Last edited:
Thanks a lot. That just might do it. I forgot about all the AiProtection stuff. Some of that might be awkward to use since I have Skynet and Astrill VPN but what the heck, I'll give it a try when no one is home.

thanks, Bj
FYI: I notice that there is an "Enable wireless scheduler" option under the Wireless/Professional tab. Might this be a better option than turning on parental controls?

FYI: I notice that there is an "Enable wireless scheduler" option under the Wireless/Professional tab. Might this be a better option than turning on parental controls?

I completely missed that smart feature! That would work provided keef doesn’t want to connect other devices wirelessly during the periods when he wants to exclude the device in question.

I completely missed that smart feature! That would work provided keef doesn’t want to connect other devices wirelessly during the periods when he wants to exclude the device in question.
I think you're right. Probably needs to be selective, not the entire group.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!