What's new

Wireless N 2.4 SSID Showing As AC Not N Netspot

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

buildersboy

Occasional Visitor
This is so strange...how can it be? Because I'm using AiMesh? Just set up neighbors AX 88u and his 2.4 SSID shows as N. Both my AX 88u and AX 58u reporting AC on 2.4. Modulation set to 802.11n BTW as is neighbors.

Last edited:
Shows as N on what? The router settings? A scanner app?

What modulation is set to N?

Both my 2.4 and 5 network SSID's show as AC on a scanner app. My 2.4 wireless "modulation" settings in professional tab are set to 802.11 n. My neighbor does not use AiMesh which would be only difference in our networks and settings. His 2.4 SSID shows wireless N when using scanning app. Is there some sort of conversion using AiMesh?

Your scanner app may be lying to you. If you don't mess with defaults, the AX routers should come up with AX enabled in both bands.

AC routers actually operate in N on 2.4 GHz. 802.11ac applies to 5 GHz only.

I had router 2.4 GHz band set to "N only". It did not show up in WinFi Lite as AX capable. I changed it to "Auto" and router interface has a new option to enable AX. I would have preferred to have an option "AX and N only" but only "Auto" allows AX enablement. I applied changes, and sure enough, WinFi Lite now shows both 2.4 and 5 GHz bands as AX capable. Now all I need are AX clients ;)

I do not use AX. Modulation schemes set accordingly 5gz AC, and 2.4gz set to 802.11n. Neighbors RT AX88u 2.4 band show N, mine AC. Like I said only difference is I'm using AiMesh. Near Identical settings for me and neighbor. There is something making Netspot think my 2.4 is AC. I don't care, everything works fine. Both RT AX88u and AX58u report AC for me on 2.4 N.

Last edited: