What's new

WNDR3700 - Ipsec L2PT compatibility?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Carnagerover

Hi all,

Does anyone know if the WNDR3700 supports L2TP/IPSec VPN, I use Giganews and also get offered L2TP/IPSec VPN by VYPRVPN as part of my subscription, I had been using the normal PPTP and that has been fine however I fancied using the 256 bit encryption, however as yet I cannot get this to work even with the help of the Giganews support team.

I have come to the conclusion that this is not something this router can do which is disappointing for the money, can anyone confirm or deny this.

Thanks

Stuart

There is no mention of PPTP/IPsec or L2TP passthrough support in the WNDR3700's spec. There are also not enable/disables in the admin GUI.

I also did some prospecting in the NETGEAR forums. Info seems contradictory. But doesn't look like VPN passthrough is working for the WNDR3700. Someone pls jump in and correct me if I'm wrong.

There is no mention of PPTP/IPsec or L2TP passthrough support in the WNDR3700's spec. There are also not enable/disables in the admin GUI.

I also did some prospecting in the NETGEAR forums. Info seems contradictory. But doesn't look like VPN passthrough is working for the WNDR3700. Someone pls jump in and correct me if I'm wrong.

Thankyou for the reply, I don't think that it works as I am 99% sure I have it setup correct, as you say there are no option in the GUI.

Annoying really for the money, seems like a strange omission, however i'm not sure how normal this sort of functionality is for a consumer router.

Annoying really for the money, seems like a strange omission, however i'm not sure how normal this sort of functionality is for a consumer router.
VPN passthrough is a pretty common feature in consumer routers. I agree it is odd that the WNDR3700 appears to not support it.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!