What's new

WNDR3700 router & AC68U AP combo

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

yukit

Occasional Visitor
I have been using a Netgear WNDR3700 v1 with DD-WRT for a while.
During the holidays, I decided to add ASUS AC68U (with the latest ASUS firmware) as an AP for now.

I am running the WNDR3700 as a main wireless router.
The new fancy (at least to me) AC68U is configured as an AP with the updated ASUS firmware.
The WNDR3700 is configured to cover the legacy 2.4 G&N devices. AC68U is N-only on 2.4 (different channel) & AC on 5 GHz. AC68U is placed on top of a book shelf to give a wider wireless coverage.

I was wondering if I would benefit in terms of performance & coverage by swapping the devices or roles. I have around 30 wired & wireless devices connected to a basic cable modem service.

TIA

I would recommend the switch. I noticed a huge improvement in network performance just moving to an RT-N66U (and my customers' AC class routers outperform what I have, starting with the RT-AC56U) from an NG WNDR3700 v1 (with factory firmware).

I would recommend the switch. I noticed a huge improvement in network performance just moving to an RT-N66U (and my customers' AC class routers outperform what I have, starting with the RT-AC56U) from an NG WNDR3700 v1 (with factory firmware).
That is good to know. I would definitely try swapping them one of these days. I just need to figure out a better wiring management.

Thanks.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!