What's new

WNR2000v5 router not working

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

BarbR

New Around Here
My router was working fine until I moved it and my computer from the floor up onto my desk. I have only had it for a few months. When I moved my computer up, I unplugged everything from it and then plugged everything back in the exact same places. The Power LED and WiFi LED lights are green, the Internet LED is amber. I have tried unplugging my modem and router and plugging them back in, with no luck. I have also tried resetting the router. For now I have to have to plug my modem directly to my computer to have internet. I can't see that there would be anything wrong with the router? What else can I try?

Thanks,
Barb

My router was working fine until I moved it and my computer from the floor up onto my desk. I have only had it for a few months. When I moved my computer up, I unplugged everything from it and then plugged everything back in the exact same places. The Power LED and WiFi LED lights are green, the Internet LED is amber. I have tried unplugging my modem and router and plugging them back in, with no luck. I have also tried resetting the router. For now I have to have to plug my modem directly to my computer to have internet. I can't see that there would be anything wrong with the router? What else can I try?

Thanks,
Barb

If you have CD with set up wizard, use it and pretend you are setting up the router the very first time out of box.
Or log into the router, run set up wizard step by step answring questions.
And if it does not work, there must be some error message. Just not working? No error message? Jost not working looking at you?

Apparently I threw the box away. I haven't been able to figure out how to login to the router, on the back it says to go to http://wwwrouterlogin.net but that seems to be more of a search and I can't find where to actually log in at. There is no error message.
Thanks

Apparently I threw the box away. I haven't been able to figure out how to login to the router, on the back it says to go to http://wwwrouterlogin.net but that seems to be more of a search and I can't find where to actually log in at. There is no error message.
Thanks[/QUOT

Try ip address 192.168.1.1 user name is admin ,password is password. Or no friend of neighbors who could help you?

I think you problem is much simpler. Your modem and router probably just lost sync as you were moving them around. To get them back into sync, power cycle them in this way; turn everything off and then turn on the modem(wait until normal lights) and only then turn on the router. Also make sure the ethernet from the modem goes into yellow internet port on the Netgear router.

Also, when you said you "reset" the router, did you mean disco/reconnect the power or factory reset it with the button?