What's new

Work Around/FIX for Wireless Bridge losing connection every 24hrs

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I have had good experience with my RT-AC68P Media Bridge using 380.7743 (which I downgraded to after having lost-connection issue with Merlin 384.9_0), but would like to know if there is a more recent FW version (either Asus stock or Merlin branch) than 380.7743 that does not have the lost-connection issue.
I wasn't able to have any luck with John's Fork (LTS) or the latest Merlin. Still had intermittent loss of connection with Media Bridge mode. However, Repeater mode has been serving my needs. Good luck

I wasn't able to have any luck with John's Fork (LTS) or the latest Merlin. Still had intermittent loss of connection with Media Bridge mode. However, Repeater mode has been serving my needs. Good luck

Media Bridge is stable with FreshTomato firmware, I use 2019.1 for a week. Yet, there is almost no gain in speed (well, upload is ~400 vs ~300, the same download) compare to Repeater mode in John's fork.

Save starting new thread.....
Is there any way connecting via Wifi would suddenly stop or interfere with a wired connection? ie Connecting to router via wifi, router is bridged behind a modem for internet, & suddenly/randomly internet stops working. Wifi working still & can access router just not internet, modem still connected to internet but issue exists between router & modem & only reboot of both resolves the issue until it happens again. I can't see anything in the logs (& don't know what to look for to be honest). My setup can last for days sometimes weeks but then randomly, like this morning, internet becomes inaccessible for no reason & only thing that changed was connecting via wifi.
Is there any way to program router/modem to automatically reboot on connection loss?
RT-3200 with merlin upto date.

Thought I'd post an update with some observations.

I seem to have random issues with my Wifi, but I notice it sometimes also extends to my wired devices. I can go weeks/months+ without any issues at all but suddenly things will play up, for both wired & wireless devices, once I connect something via Wifi. For all intensive purposes according to the router everything is working just fine & connected, except for fact I can't connect to the internet. Can still remote in via VPN server & connect to everything from the outside.

Last time I had an issue with connecting via Wifi I just ignored it, as it wasn't all wifi devices. Some connected & worked, some didn't. 2-3 days later said problem device that couldn't connect via wifi was working again. So it got me thinking that perhaps there's a firewall or DOS issue. So lately instead of rebooting router I've resorted to turning firewall off & back on. This seems to do a reset of something & everything works again, it's as if the devices have been blocked or locked out. It's an annoying enough problem when it happens.

FWIW, I've been using Merlin 380.70 on my RT-AC68P (configured as a Media Bridge) for a month now without incident of loss of connectivity.

Prior to that, I had used stock 3.0.0.4.380.7743 for about a week, also without issue.

Last edited:
FWIW, I've been using Merlin 380.70 on my RT-AC68P (configured as a Media Bridge) for a month now without incident of loss of connectivity.
I now have had three incidents of lost connection to the main router (hence also to the Internet) using 380.70.

One incident required a reboot to restore connectivity, the other two incident connectivity came back by itself after ~3-5 minutes.

Last edited: