What's new

WTFast causing major lag in CS:GO

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Savell Martin

Regular Contributor
Hey guys,

I'm pretty sure I know what 99% of you are going to say... BUT I thought I would ask anyway.

I tried using WTFast on my AC88U for CS:GO.
While my ping is down, running around 18-26ping I get major lag with things like switching weapons, running around, even firing.

Its really weird but its like I'm on dial up.
I am using the latest GPL from Asus 380.1354.

I turned it off, restarted my game and boom was running perfectly. Yes maybe like 5 ping higher but at least it worked.

Just wondering if anyone else experiences this?
OR if anyone has any possible work arounds?

Don't use WTF...

Opps, I meant WTFast...

Seriously... if you are going to name your company like a leet teen, at least be a sensible company.

How the hell did they ever get involved with Asus? Who funded this POS idea?

WTFast is not meant for local servers but for servers far away(in theory). WTF is supposed to take the quickest route to lower latency but doesn't help servers near you and could make it worse.
Based on what I read off the net, it doesn't seem to work that well. Also, using the service could cause you to be banned from games since your connection is being routed through their servers. I do not plan to use the service since their business practices are shady and not convinced it gives any benefit.

Told you I knew what 99% of you world say ;)

I have it disabled for now, was just trying to see if there would be a benefit which there kinda was, 5ping or so.
It's also a service provided so why not use it?
But alas

I have no problems with WTFast. I merely use it and if u know for what its usage is good for then its working. As already said its just for connection to servers which are far away from u. And to which your route is bad and u have to many hops. So there WTFast comes in play which routes you through a VPN which has the closest route to the server. Dont get me wrong i am not a fan of WTFast nor i say it works perfect. But sometimes its useful and u need to clearly know in which cases it can help and in which not.

Also u not get banned just from using WTFast!!! Thats confirmed by Valve!! But if u cheat through WTFast then its clear you also get banned simply for that cheating and not for using WTFast.

Last edited:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!