What's new

Xbox Connection Issue

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

jabooty

Occasional Visitor
Hello all,

I just got the n66u. I am unable to connect xbox to the router. I installed Merlin 3.0.0.4.354.27 Beta. I checked optimized for xbox.

My xbox is connected wired to a Linksys WGA600N wireless bridge. Been using for years without any issues.

Ive tried automatic network config/manual config on xbox and still wont connect.

I reset the WGA600N too. Rebooted router.

Im at a loss, any help would be appreciated.

UPDATE 1: Noticed on the xbox connection screen, the wifi bars keep going full to none.

UPDATE 2: Tried the internal wireless on the xbox , goes back and forth between 2-3 bars like it usually does, but also does not connect.

UPDATE 3: After going back to bridge from internal, and rebooting the router it connected fine, but i restarted the xbox just to make sure and its slow to sign in and wont connect again.

Update 4: Disabled UPnP, changed wireless mode from auto to legacy..nothing. I dont use 5ghz its disabled. Standard xbox ports are enabled.

Last edited:
Have you tried actually connecting the Xbox to the N66U? As it stands, you're adding a variable that potentially takes this out of the realm of being a N66U problem, even if it did work before.

Thxs for the reply...i may try that. The thing is, is that the linksys gaming adapter connects fine to the wireless network, i can log into it..I'll try testing more things i guess.

Update 1: I disabled "Optimized for Xbox" and it is connecting 0.o..ill keep an eye on it for a few days and see how it goes.

Last edited:
Thxs for the reply...i may try that. The thing is, is that the linksys gaming adapter connects fine to the wireless network, i can log into it..I'll try testing more things i guess.

Update 1: I disabled "Optimized for Xbox" and it is connecting 0.o..ill keep an eye on it for a few days and see how it goes.

AFAIK, that option should only be used for the internal wireless adapter. If you use an external one then you should not use that option.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!