What's new

Xd4 as aimesh node to gt-ac5300 failed

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Stephans

Occasional Visitor
Hi,

Is the asus xd4 mini compatibel with the gt-ac5300 to add it as a aimesh-node?

When trying to add, the xd4 is visible but adding as aimesh-node failed.

Thanks.

Specifically, I don't know, but I can tell you that I've had stability issues with these. Extended testing with the GT-AX6000, I could only set them up with a cabled connection, and then they'd just randomly reset. The RP-AX56 that I later tried will still only set up over a cabled connection but has been stable (WiFi connection) since set up a couple of months back.

Thanks for responding and for your information. I have contacted Asus support and they confirmed that the XD4 is compatible with the GT-AC5300. Also opened a support case regarding this issue.

I agree, move the node to the router and connect with a jumper cable. Join it as a mesh node. Once joined, disconnect the jumper cable. It's like a pump and has to be primed. It will now work over WiFi.

Manually activating the WPS was the solution!

Turn on 2.4Ghz WPS in the GT-AC5300 via Advanced Settings > Wireless > WPS.
After that add the XD4 as AImesh node.

I have a horrible feeling I tried that, and less than 24 hours later it'd reset!

I have successfully run the AC5300 as a main node and the asus xd4 mini as mesh nodes

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!