What's new

xfinity issue with moca

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Brett Stimpson

Occasional Visitor
my cable internet was down for 3 days. the tech comes out and says they disconnected your cable when doing a service call on your neighbor. seriously? cmon idiots.

While connecting it says you have a major "feedback" problem. after i disconnected the two moca adapters i have it read normal. the tech says yeah you cant use those because its causing a problem.
he says if you keep using them they will come out and put a filter on your line and you dont want that.

after researching is some more seems all i need is POE filter. why was he making it sound like such a major violation? and why didnt he have a $2 POE filter on him? these people are completely useless.

anything else I am missing? just a attach a POE filter on the line in and it stops moca data from feeding back into the line.

oh wait, the splitters. I need a moca compatible splitter right? I purchased some on amazon when i set this up. he said that splitter was no good and replaced it with a cable tv splitter which was identical to the old that didnt work before i installed the moca adapters? why would he remove the correct one and replace with an old style one?

Yes, you needa moca blocking filter.
He was getting his equipment for your service working.
You can go back and replace the splitter with the one you need. If it causes issues with their service they will remove it if you initiate a service call . So block the moca leakage before it gets to their network.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!