What's new

XT max wireless speed?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

crawfish

Occasional Visitor
I've got two PC's wired to two XT8's, and they do wireless file transfers at 110 MB/s sustained, which is the limit of the Gb card in one of the machines. My new PC has a 2.5 Gbps card, and naturally I'm wondering if these XT8's can achieve it. I have to wire the one by the cable modem to a yellow port on the XT8, which I think might stop me in my tracks. Whatever the answer, I'm highly impressed by the performance I'm currently getting.

Check the WAN connection properties (might be under Dual WAN). I think you can assign the 2.5 GbE port to either WAN or LAN. There is no router yet to have > 1 GbE ports for both WAN and LAN. So you have to choose between > 1 Gbps throughput from your internet connection to Wi-Fi devices or from you LAN connection.

You're right, the option to reassign the WAN port appears when I enable the Dual WAN feature. So it's at least possible to get both PCs hooked up to 2.5 GbE. I wonder if the two XT8's can take advantage of this wirelessly. I guess the only time I'd notice is when transferring files between SSDs on the two PCs.

If you have multiple AC or AX STAs at close range, it takes only two of them to exceed 1 Gbps. So you could notice a difference on long file transfers between laptops with SSD and AX Wi-Fi to the PCs.