What's new

XT8 Ethernet and Wireless Speeds Slow(ish)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

ed5275

New Around Here
Wanted to sign in here and see if anyone can help with this. I have the XT8. Main is on my desk right in front of me here, satellite on the first floor. Here in my office I have as much connected via ethernet as possible. I have been hitting a speed issue that is driving me nuts. I have Gig internet thru Comcast (Arris S33 modem). Plugged in or wireless, speeds are capping out between 280-400 Mbps. Speed test on the Asus app shows the router getting 800+ download speeds, but it just is not translating to other devices. I know wireless will be limited, but my wired devices are all Gig capable. What's odd is the wireless and wired speeds all give the same range of speeds. I have no QOS or security on. I have tried new DNS on my Plex laptop to no avail. I replaced some cables with CAT 6A cables. No change. There has got to be some setting that I am missing. Any ideas are welcome...trying to avoid having to factory reset everything or worse, getting new routers. Thanks in advance.

did you reboot the router a few times ?
You likely will have to hard reset and manually reconfigure ( don't load a saved config).

did you reboot the router a few times ?
You likely will have to hard reset and manually reconfigure ( don't load a saved config).
I was hoping to avoid that. I'll have to wait til the weekend and give a factory reset a shot.

make sure all the LAN ports are showing 1Gbit link speed as well.
Oddly, on the app, one port is showing 100Mbps (why?). I switched my laptop to one that is showing 1Gbps and my speed test got similar results as before.

what is plugged into it ?
Check what that device thinks the link speed is. A TV or DVR could easily be a 100Mbit/s interface.

what is plugged into it ?
Check what that device thinks the link speed is. A TV or DVR could easily be a 100Mbit/s interface.
It was my laptop (which is 1Gbps). I switched them and now my HD Homerun lives on that port, still shows 100Mbps. I thought it might change but stayed the same. I feel a factory reset is going to have to become a reality.

It was my laptop (which is 1Gbps). I switched them and now my HD Homerun lives on that port, still shows 100Mbps. I thought it might change but stayed the same. I feel a factory reset is going to have to become a reality.

My HDHomeRun HDHR3-US is only 100Mbps.

A Gigabit Ethernet connection in power save/sleep mode will report 100Mbps until you wake things up.

Deficient Ethernet cables/connections can fall back to 100Mbps.

OE

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!