What's new

XT8 firmware 45879

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Currently it's no longer shown in the Asus download page, so likely it's not only a problem of a broken download link, but IMHO just a pulled bugged firmware.
Otherwise Asus had simply and easily corrected the missing link.
This buggy firmware is working fine so far ...

Maybe Asus has discovered bugs or serious vulnerabilities that we don't know yet.
Clearly it's not only a broken link, as that new version has disappeared everywhere in the Asus site, the Router app and the XT8 GUI.
If I had upgraded to that version, now I'd restore the previous version waiting for new updates....;)

Asus have confirmed that this firmware has been pulled and advised to revert back to previous firmware. :mad:o_O

It seems like best practice to always wait a couple of weeks with new Asus firmware. Their testing process leaves a lot to be desired.

Tried this firmware, and was seeing the "not mesh client"...messages again, so went back to 43181. 43181 is working well for me, but about 4 months old at this point...would like to get the new security fixes. Keep hoping that Asus will put out newer firmware that works well, but have to be patient, I suppose *smile*.

Tried this firmware, and was seeing the "not mesh client"...messages again, so went back to 43181. 43181 is working well for me, but about 4 months old at this point...would like to get the new security fixes. Keep hoping that Asus will put out newer firmware that works well, but have to be patient, I suppose *smile*.

A newer one (45898) was published yesterday, see here.
I'll be waiting a couple of week to see that things are mostly stable. It's not the first time Asus has published a half baked firmware...

A newer one (45898) was published yesterday, see here.
I'll be waiting a couple of week to see that things are mostly stable. It's not the first time Asus has published a half baked firmware...
Yep, installed that one last night (45898). Still seeing the "not mesh client, can't delete it" messages, only 4 instances since I installed about 10 hours ago. I am planning on resetting when I get back from my morning walk, and then rebooting after that. However, everything seems to work fine despite the bogus messages, so staying with it. Having all the fixes that the release notes list makes me feel better *smile*.

Update: Did the reset to factory defaults, followed by a reboot. Still seeing a few "not mesh client, can't delete it" bogus messages, but things are working fine. I'll stay with the new release unless things start going bad. No problems yet.

Last edited:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!