What's new

Release XT8 New Firmware 3.0.0.4.386_25790

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Chippy_boy

Regular Contributor
My router is saying the above new firmware is available, but I don't see it listed on the Asus website and there doesn't appear to be any release notes. Has anyone tried it yet?

Thanks!

Where did you find that link? I only ever look on Asus's main website and then navigate to the support/download section for the product concerned. And it's not there.

But to answer your question, no, there's no release notes populating.

Simple, get a link for existing download. Change last 3 numbers to the version you stated

Version 3.0.0.4.386.25790 2020/09/22 72.3 MBytes

ASUS ZenWiFi XT8 Firmware version 3.0.0.4.386.25790
- Improved system stability.
- Fixed iPhone 11 connection issues.
- Fixed ARP related issues.

Version 3.0.0.4.386.25790 2020/09/22 72.3 MBytes

ASUS ZenWiFi XT8 Firmware version 3.0.0.4.386.25790
- Improved system stability.
- Fixed iPhone 11 connection issues.
- Fixed ARP related issues.
Please may I ask where you found this?

wow. finally.. hope more wireless signal better and more stable

Did you use the drop down menu and select win 7 ?
No, in my haste, I missed that. Stupid of me to imagine they would list the firmware under the "firmware" section, and not the "drivers" section. And silly of me to imagine that only people with Window 7 would be interested in new firmware!???!!

Anyway, I have taken the plunge and all seems well so far. Inasmuch as I still have an internet connection.

Did the auto update to the new firmware from within the XT8 router GUI. Turned off my every other day router reboot schedule and rebooted. Let's see how long it lasts before crapping out now. If it lasts more than 3 or 4 days it will be an improvement...LOL.

I sure hope this release is stable. I can’t wait to unload this mess Asus has created. If anyone needs extra nodes I have a couple for sale.

Just installed the update. Initial experiences are not good.

Within 15 minutes the router had marked my Internet as "offline" (this has been an ongoing problem with the prior firmware).

As well, even when the router "knew" it had an Internet connection, various clients, which were successfully connected to WiFi, claimed to have NO Internet connection. This still happens with this latest firmware update.

VERY disappointed with this router.

installed in AP mode, haven't noticed any issues so far, working as well as before for me except that the guest still isn't isolated. was hoping the 'ARP' issue they fixed might have addressed that.

Within 15 minutes the router had marked my Internet as "offline" (this has been an ongoing problem with the prior firmware).

As well, even when the router "knew" it had an Internet connection, various clients, which were successfully connected to WiFi, claimed to have NO Internet connection. This still happens with this latest firmware update.

Important thing after update or change firmware, Please reset first using underneath reset button. Then, set up all from fresh. Thanks.

Important thing after update or change firmware, Please reset first using underneath reset button. Then, set up all from fresh. Thanks.
Honestly that should not be required and if it is it’s nonsense. I have custom names and icons for all my devices in addition to lots of devices with manual IP assignments. If I have to recreate all that every time Asus updates the firmware just so it works correctly I’ll ditch Asus and find something else.

3 hours in and no problems here so far.

Honestly that should not be required and if it is it’s nonsense. I have custom names and icons for all my devices in addition to lots of devices with manual IP assignments. If I have to recreate all that every time Asus updates the firmware just so it works correctly I’ll ditch Asus and find something else.
If you having issues with a fw and upgrade I think it's a good idea to reset after upgrade. But otherwise I totally agree, I don't reset the computer everytime after updating windows so there is no point in resetting the router everytime either.

Last edited:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!