What's new

XT8 WAN drops (3.0.0.4.386_46061)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

lissdell

New Around Here
I have now had problem with the three latest firmware with dropping internet

This is what i can found in the log that looks suspicious:
Jan 20 11:26:29 kernel: ^[[0;33;41m[ERROR archer] archer_mcast_activate,554: ADD_PORT: WLAN SSID has already been added: egress_port 5, current 0x0001, new 0x0001^[[0m
Jan 20 11:27:59 kernel: ERROR [sysport_classifier_flow_port_add,739]: Egress port 1 is already in use
Jan 20 11:27:59 kernel: ^[[0;33;41m[ERROR archer] archer_mcast_activate,569: ADD_PORT: Could not sysport_classifier_flow_port_add^[[0m
Jan 20 11:28:00 WAN Connection: WAN(0) link down.
Jan 20 11:28:06 kernel: ^[[0;33;41m[ERROR archer] archer_mcast_activate,554: ADD_PORT: WLAN SSID has already been added: egress_port 5, current 0x0001, new 0x0001^[[0m

What does this mean? Is more info needed, only took some rows from the system log

I have now had problem with the three latest firmware with dropping internet

This is what i can found in the log that looks suspicious:
Jan 20 11:26:29 kernel: ^[[0;33;41m[ERROR archer] archer_mcast_activate,554: ADD_PORT: WLAN SSID has already been added: egress_port 5, current 0x0001, new 0x0001^[[0m
Jan 20 11:27:59 kernel: ERROR [sysport_classifier_flow_port_add,739]: Egress port 1 is already in use
Jan 20 11:27:59 kernel: ^[[0;33;41m[ERROR archer] archer_mcast_activate,569: ADD_PORT: Could not sysport_classifier_flow_port_add^[[0m
Jan 20 11:28:00 WAN Connection: WAN(0) link down.
Jan 20 11:28:06 kernel: ^[[0;33;41m[ERROR archer] archer_mcast_activate,554: ADD_PORT: WLAN SSID has already been added: egress_port 5, current 0x0001, new 0x0001^[[0m

What does this mean? Is more info needed, only took some rows from the system log
I have been having the same thing happen to me recently.

I had a similar problem once with my XT8. Internet used to repeatedly drop then reconnect. I was able to fix it by replacing the ethernet cable.

I had a similar problem once with my XT8. Internet used to repeatedly drop then reconnect. I was able to fix it by replacing the ethernet cable.
Which cable(s) did you replace? I have a brand new cat8 from my wall port (ONT connection) to my XT8 that is acting as my router.

I replaced my WAN cable to fix this. But in you case the cable may not be the cause for this.
It certainly can't hurt to try it out, sometimes these things can be defective or I may have gotten a used one. Amazon isn't the most trustworthy supplier for electronic cables. May I ask how often you were experiencing disconnects before replacing the cable? My current issues happen about once every couple of days.

It certainly can't hurt to try it out, sometimes these things can be defective or I may have gotten a used one. Amazon isn't the most trustworthy supplier for electronic cables. May I ask how often you were experiencing disconnects before replacing the cable? My current issues happen about once every couple of days.
With my faulty cable my internet used to disconnect every other minute.

I have wondered whether all the Ethernet ports on this router don't drop from time to time. For example my Sony AF9 TV is connected by ethernet and when the TV is brought out of standby I briefly I get the message "ethernet not connected" flash up on the screen. This does not happen using my old RT-N66U router. I believe the XT8 is momentarily dropping ethernet connections. My Sonos system is connected using a Boost connected to one of the ports on the XT8 and I think that drops out causing the whole (Sonosnet) system to drop.

@ninjabob
I've an older Sony model connected along with other devices on a XT8 node (all wired), such appeared too but after an Android TV OS update. Other devices on the XT8 seem never affected by such message. So possible but maybe not too :)

Last edited:
@ninjabob
I've an older Sony model connected along with other device on a XT8 nodes (all wired), such appeared too but after an Android TC OS update. Other devices on the XT8 seems never affected by such message. So possible but maybe not too :)
It is strange - almost like the TV coming on wakes up the port. Does not happen on the N66u.

It is strange - almost like the TV coming on wakes up the port. Does not happen on the N66u.
Not denying a possible problem, only what I noticed by my side: the error appeared after a not so young update, cannot remember which one. But at the same time other devices are accessed so I never took time for it.

I still have drops of WAN connections with 3.0.0.4.388_21617. Are we many of us who has this problem? I have 1-2 drops per week. I have four cabled XT8.

I still have drops of WAN connections with 3.0.0.4.388_21617. Are we many of us who has this problem? I have 1-2 drops per week. I have four cabled XT8.
We had stability issues a few times a week that went away when we went back to 3.0.0.4.386_49873

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!