What's new

YazDHCP YazDHCP - feature expansion of DHCP assignments (increasing limit on the number of DHCP reservations)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

its the same code so that's even weirder
I assumed that much. And it was a freshly opened terminal session, so it can't be anything left in a buffer or something alike.

Let me know (preferably as specific as possible) if there's anything I can do to contribute to troubleshoot this.

@MvW : Earlier on I bounced through similar territory, installing, uninstalling, restoring jffs, installing, etc. I was happy to see everything come back, but I feel your pain.

Reactions: MvW
@MvW : Earlier on I bounced through similar territory, installing, uninstalling, restoring jffs, installing, etc. I was happy to see everything come back, but I feel your pain.

It's no big deal, I've been in the game long enough to make sure I have backups in place in case there's a need to roll back. To be honest, I don't actually need YazDHCP, I was just on the lookout for something new and wanted to make the comparison between the default functionality. I've been back only for a few weeks after a long, long period of health issues and unfortunately, things will never be the same, as I came back disabled. But that couldn't stop me from returning to SNB, unbox the RT-AC86U which I bought over two years ago, setup a mesh network with my good ol' RT-AC68U and started exploring what has been cooking in the meantime. Sorry to see some members of the old crew have (nearly) left the building, happy to see Jack is still around (and he's been busy too, lol). As for YazDHCP: Now that things have gone haywire, now it has piqued my interest and I wanna know why... :p

Just wanted to say that I was trying 386.2 alpha and then wanted to install 386.1.2. Post from Merlin stated that needed to do a new install instead of a dirty install. Worst part is entering the DHCP settings. But saw YazDHCP and tried it and it ended up saving me a lot of time. Looking forward to this being added to amtm and saving images if possible. Thanks

Strange thing Jack. I just checked my Lan DHCP page and ALL my manual assignments were gone. Table was empty.
I also noticed that your header was missing from the top of the LAN DHCP page, the one that gives the version number of YazDHCP. I might add that all my other scripts were present and correct as was the Addon tab.

I tried a router reboot, no change. Browser refresh, no change. I even went to the command line and reinstalled your script again but YazDHCP and all my manual assignments were gone.

Fortunately I made a settings and JFFS backup just after installing the script.

After I restored those, you tab and the assignments appeared. They survive a reboot.

I don't know when I lost it, but did notice a couple of days ago that my Network List looked different.

Any ideas what happened?

Strange thing Jack. I just checked my Lan DHCP page and ALL my manual assignments were gone. Table was empty.
I also noticed that your header was missing from the top of the LAN DHCP page, the one that gives the version number of YazDHCP. I might add that all my other scripts were present and correct as was the Addon tab.

I tried a router reboot, no change. Browser refresh, no change. I even went to the command line and reinstalled your script again but YazDHCP and all my manual assignments were gone.

Fortunately I made a settings and JFFS backup just after installing the script.

After I restored those, you tab and the assignments appeared. They survive a reboot.

I don't know when I lost it, but did notice a couple of days ago that my Network List looked different.

Any ideas what happened?
Did you check prior to the restore if the CSV was intact? It sounds like the WebUI page was unmounted which is peculiar. Since the router is no longer in that state its not possible to troubleshoot. Do you have a syslog from the reboot attempt that didn't help?

I didn't check the CSV. Sorry I don't have the syslog either.

I will monitor and see what happens.

I had the same issue like @JemTheWire today. Unfortunately i had exported the list using the export option only but didnt backup the JFFS partition. I tried to reinstall the script using putty - refreshed my browser but no go .. its back to 64 limit.

I had the same issue like @JemTheWire today. Unfortunately i had exported the list using the export option only but didnt backup the JFFS partition. I tried to reinstall the script using putty - refreshed my browser but no go .. its back to 64 limit.
also run
Code:
df -h
and share the result

is the csv populated?
1614354831522.png

Even after loading your script - i dont get the option to export csv - it seems that its not loading