What's new

YazFi YazFi and AiMesh 2.0

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Jack Yaz

Part of the Furniture
Thanks to a very generous forum member (I'll let them decide if they're happy for me to name them :D) I now have an RT-AC68U. This means I can in-house test my scripts on an non-HND router (since I previously only had access to my RT-AC86U), as well as setting it up as an AiMesh node. This means I can investigate if YazFi can be integrated with the Guest Network syncing feature present in AiMesh 2.0 (or not)

I don't have an ETA on when I'll have any results, but work won't properly start until 386.x is finalised and released. I don't want to spend time on Beta firmware when my plethora of other scripts need updating!

That's fantastic! Anxiously awaiting 386 release and script testing. Thank you for everything you do for our community.

Since guest 1 seems to have a lot of problems, I'm holding off for any upstream changes from Asus. My non-expert opinion is that their VLAN implementation to sync Guest 1 to nodes doesn't play nicely with hardware acceleration, and throws "protocol is buggy" in the logs

Since guest 1 seems to have a lot of problems, I'm holding off for any upstream changes from Asus. My non-expert opinion is that their VLAN implementation to sync Guest 1 to nodes doesn't play nicely with hardware acceleration, and throws "protocol is buggy" in the logs
what do you suggest for those of us who have used your develop branch?

YazFi is awesome, thank you, Jack! I am stumped however - while we wait on stabilization, etc. what's the best approach to have the airmesh nodes propagate the guest network (without full Intranet access)? With the latest firmware I can either have the Guest 1 propagated with Intranet (and then it's exposed as YazFi does not run on secondary nodes)....or, if Intranet is disabled, then not working at all (even w/YazFi off, propogated guest network stops issuing IPs as soon as I disable intranet - some kind of bug of the core firmware I assume?). I was hoping I could manually just install YazFi on the secondary node, but the "router" check is blocking it. Any way to manually copy-paste the rules onto the secondary node that YazFi applied to the main router or any other known hacks to make this work for at least a while?

Hi Yack, Is there any chance you will be able to get YazFi working on the Aimesh synced Guest network?
I hope Jack does get more time to investigate doing such. I feel it might be possible if Jack mimics some of the settings and addresses used in the setting up of aimesh guest networks. I am not sure it would be a fair trade off because users then may lose out on some of the other awesome features available in YazFi for that particular guest instance.

Case need there could be limited options for Guest1 which syncs to other nodes while Guest2 and Guest3 keep the full options?

I'm gonna take a wild shot in the dark here that, so long as the wireless log (not status by interface) only shows AI router STA clients and not Mesh STA clients is the clue about why everything ai mesh 2.0 isn't everything I hoped it would be.

Thanks to a very generous forum member (I'll let them decide if they're happy for me to name them :D) I now have an RT-AC68U. This means I can in-house test my scripts on an non-HND router (since I previously only had access to my RT-AC86U), as well as setting it up as an AiMesh node. This means I can investigate if YazFi can be integrated with the Guest Network syncing feature present in AiMesh 2.0 (or not)

I don't have an ETA on when I'll have any results, but work won't properly start until 386.x is finalised and released. I don't want to spend time on Beta firmware when my plethora of other scripts need updating!
@Jack Yaz Where have you gotten with this so far? I am curious to try out your development.

@Jack Yaz Where have you gotten with this so far? I am curious to try out your development.
Hopefully Jack will reply to your question. Note that he made the following post elsewhere...
https://www.snbforums.com/threads/dhcp-list-max-limit-increased.79634/#post-775042
I pop up occasionally, but since I moved to pfSense and UniFi, and my Asus routers decided to give up the ghost, I'm not actively developing anymore. I chime in on support requests when I have time as well

You can get it faster, if you move to pfSense and UniFi, like @Jack Yaz. :)
ha!... good one... I'm doing the same (pf) between downtime cycles when I can ... not a bad learning curve but a curve nonetheless... a different world and a lot cheaper than my first cisco router and single t-1 line in the early 90s ... baby steps (cli, sed, grep burp!)...

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!