What's new

YazFi YazFi broken with quad band router

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

ugandy

Very Senior Member
Just noticed that YazFi is broken with quad band router like the axe16000.
for some reason the wl interface order changed, wl0 is 5-1, wl1 is 5-2, wl3 is 2.4 and wl2 is 6
this is also visible on the GUI.

Last edited:
@Jack Yaz has indicated he is not currently actively developing. As such one may have to take a shot on their own trying to modify the script(s) files to account for the additional wifi interfaces on the newer Asus router models. At the very least try, at one's own risk, modifying the following files to account for the additional wifi interfaces.
Code:
/jffs/scripts/YazFi
/jffs/addons/YazFi.d/config
/jffs/addons/YazFi.d/YazFi_www.asp
Edit to add: And the following discussion may have additional pointers/information that may give one some clues about how to add the extra wifi interfaces to scripts:
snbforums.com/threads/wireless-lan-types-for-newer-models-axe11000-16000-ax11000-etc.80733/

actually it still works. it's just a cosmetic bug: reports 5-1 as 2.4, but ultimately, functionality on wl0 is as expected. it allows you to work with 5-1,5-2, 6.0, just not 2.4. i can live with that :cool:

actually it still works. it's just a cosmetic bug: reports 5-1 as 2.4, but ultimately, functionality on wl0 is as expected. it allows you to work with 5-1,5-2, 6.0, just not 2.4. i can live with that :cool:
I'm looking into the possibility of making code changes in YazFi so that it correctly recognizes the 6GHz band when available (e.g. GT-AXE16000 & GT-AXE11000), and also making sure the 2.4GHz Guest Network shows up correctly in YazFi WebGUI for the GT-AXE16000 router. See this post for further context.

Would you please send me the output of the following commands?
Bash:
nvram get wl3_vifnames
nvram get rc_support

I'd appreciate your help on this.
Thanks.

wl3.1 wl3.2 wl3.3 wl3.4 wl3.5

and

mssid 2.4G 5G update usbX2 switchctrl manual_stb 11AX pwrctrl WIFI_LOGO nandflash movistarTriple wifi2017 app ofdma wpa3 reboot_schedule ipv6 ipv6pt s46 PARENTAL2 dnsfilter am_addons cake ntpd dnspriv dualwan pptpd openvpnd utf8_ssid printer modem webdav rrsut cloudsync media appnet timemachine hdspindown diskutility nfsd dnssec email 5G-2 bwdpi wrs_wbl ookla snmp tor HTTPS letsencrypt ssh vpnc repeater psta wl6 wifi_tog_btn user_low_rssi wifiradar tcode usericon stainfo realip lacp wanbonding alexa ipsec_srv mumimo netool cfg_sync no_finiwl betaupg amas bcmwifi boostkey bcmhnd mbo conndiag eula proxysta iperf3 wifi6e account_binding gameMode owe_trans wireguard ftp_ssl acl96 dhdlog dis11b smart_connect smart_connect_v2

wl3.1 wl3.2 wl3.3 wl3.4 wl3.5

and

mssid 2.4G 5G update usbX2 switchctrl manual_stb 11AX pwrctrl WIFI_LOGO nandflash movistarTriple wifi2017 app ofdma wpa3 reboot_schedule ipv6 ipv6pt s46 PARENTAL2 dnsfilter am_addons cake ntpd dnspriv dualwan pptpd openvpnd utf8_ssid printer modem webdav rrsut cloudsync media appnet timemachine hdspindown diskutility nfsd dnssec email 5G-2 bwdpi wrs_wbl ookla snmp tor HTTPS letsencrypt ssh vpnc repeater psta wl6 wifi_tog_btn user_low_rssi wifiradar tcode usericon stainfo realip lacp wanbonding alexa ipsec_srv mumimo netool cfg_sync no_finiwl betaupg amas bcmwifi boostkey bcmhnd mbo conndiag eula proxysta iperf3 wifi6e account_binding gameMode owe_trans wireguard ftp_ssl acl96 dhdlog dis11b smart_connect smart_connect_v2
Thank you!!
Now I think I've gathered all the necessary info to get started this Friday (once I finish my work responsibilities/commitments).

WRT the list of virtual interface names: wl3.1 wl3.2 wl3.3 wl3.4 wl3.5, does that mean that you can have up to 5 Guest Networks per WiFi band on the built-in WebGUI?

shows 3 per band on the gui

shows 3 per band on the gui
OK, got it. Thanks for the clarification.

Out of curiosity, would you mind posting the output of the following cmds?
Bash:
nvram get odmpid
nvram get productid
nvram get wl0_vifnames
nvram get wl1_vifnames
nvram get wl2_vifnames

Thanks a lot for your help.

/tmp/home/root# nvram get odmpid

/tmp/home/root# nvram get productid
GT-AXE16000

/tmp/home/root# nvram get wl0_vifnames
wl0.1 wl0.2 wl0.3 wl0.4

/tmp/home/root# nvram get wl1_vifnames
wl1.1 wl1.2 wl1.3 wl1.4 wl1.5

/tmp/home/root# nvram get wl2_vifnames
wl2.1 wl2.2 wl2.3

/tmp/home/root# nvram get odmpid

/tmp/home/root# nvram get productid
GT-AXE16000

/tmp/home/root# nvram get wl0_vifnames
wl0.1 wl0.2 wl0.3 wl0.4

/tmp/home/root# nvram get wl1_vifnames
wl1.1 wl1.2 wl1.3 wl1.4 wl1.5

/tmp/home/root# nvram get wl2_vifnames
wl2.1 wl2.2 wl2.3
Great, thank you.

Very odd that the number of virtual interfaces varies among some of the bands. I assume that the first 3 of each list are valid for use in YazFi, and the remaining ones are perhaps meant for some "future use" by the f/w (??).

Anyway, I appreciate your taking the time to get the output & respond.

If you have the time and are interested in trying the newly-modified YazFi webGUI that correctly recognizes the 6GHz band in your router and maps the interfaces appropriately on the GUI panel, I've posted the instructions on the other thread here.

If you have the time and are interested in trying the newly-modified YazFi webGUI that correctly recognizes the 6GHz band in your router and maps the interfaces appropriately on the GUI panel, I've posted the instructions on the other thread here.
just installed it. so far so good! thanks!

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!