What's new

YazFi YazFi - enhanced AsusWRT-Merlin Guest WiFi inc. SSID <-> VPN Client

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Set AC86U router with:
LAN > DHCP Server > DNS Server 1 - 192.168.51.123 = Pihole IP
WAN > Internet Connection > WAN DNS SEtting > Connect to DNS Server automatically - YES

I set up YazFi with these options:
wl01_ENABLED=true
wl01_IPADDR=192.168.52.0
wl01_DHCPSTART=2
wl01_DHCPEND=254
wl01_DNS1=192.168.51.123
wl01_DNS2=192.168.51.123
wl01_FORCEDNS=true
wl01_REDIRECTALLTOVPN=false
wl01_VPNCLIENTNUMBER=2
wl01_LANACCESS=false
wl01_CLIENTISOLATION=true

I get an IP assigned from the 52.0 block when connecting to the guest network. However, no internet. Also the device doesn't show up in the network map list on the router.
And what DNS have you set on the PiHole?

Yes. Can ping.

I think I figured out the issue from this.
Under pihole > DNS > Interface listening behavior:
Listen on all interfaces, permit all origins

Is there any way to make the devices connected to YazFi appear on the router admin Network map?

If you add it to the top of the YazFiINPUT chain that should be fine, add your rules after YazFi in firewall-start

kind sire, i stared at your reply for a good while. but can't figured out what to do lol. what / how to configure.
can you point me in any guide?

kind sire, i stared at your reply for a good while. but can't figured out what to do lol. what / how to configure.
can you point me in any guide?
This will allow guests on 5Ghz-1 guest 1 to access Samba on the router:
Code:
iptables -D YazFiINPUT -i wl1.1 -p tcp -m tcp --dport 445 -j ACCEPT
iptables -I YazFiINPUT -i wl1.1 -p tcp -m tcp --dport 445 -j ACCEPT
Replace wl1.1 with the appropriate guest interface

This will allow guests on 5Ghz-1 guest 1 to access Samba on the router:
Code:
iptables -D YazFiINPUT -i wl1.1 -p tcp -m tcp --dport 445 -j ACCEPT
iptables -I YazFiINPUT -i wl1.1 -p tcp -m tcp --dport 445 -j ACCEPT
Replace wl1.1 with the appropriate guest interface
much appreciated sire! i'll report back once i've get to it.!!

@Jack Yaz if you would not rename YazFi.sh to YazFi in /jffs/scripts/ then one could do an md5sum on the two files.
But with the renaming that is not possible. Any way you could change that for amtm to do such an update check?

@Jack Yaz if you would not rename YazFi.sh to YazFi in /jffs/scripts/ then one could do an md5sum on the two files.
But with the renaming that is not possible. Any way you could change that for amtm to do such an update check?
Skynet does an equivalent renaming. The .sh is used primarily for Codacy to check my work - sadly it isn't smart enough to work on files without an extension.

In any case - does renaming actually affect the hash?

Code:
admin@RT-AC86U:/tmp/home/root# md5sum /jffs/scripts/YazFi.sh 
98cdaf74b34d4eb279e23a003b3d3afb  /jffs/scripts/YazFi.sh

admin@RT-AC86U:/tmp/home/root# mv /jffs/scripts/YazFi.sh /jffs/scripts/YazFi.test

admin@RT-AC86U:/tmp/home/root# md5sum /jffs/scripts/YazFi.test
98cdaf74b34d4eb279e23a003b3d3afb  /jffs/scripts/YazFi.test

Skynet does an equivalent renaming. The .sh is used primarily for Codacy to check my work - sadly it isn't smart enough to work on files without an extension.

In any case - does renaming actually affect the hash?

Code:
admin@RT-AC86U:/tmp/home/root# md5sum /jffs/scripts/YazFi.sh
98cdaf74b34d4eb279e23a003b3d3afb  /jffs/scripts/YazFi.sh

admin@RT-AC86U:/tmp/home/root# mv /jffs/scripts/YazFi.sh /jffs/scripts/YazFi.test

admin@RT-AC86U:/tmp/home/root# md5sum /jffs/scripts/YazFi.test
98cdaf74b34d4eb279e23a003b3d3afb  /jffs/scripts/YazFi.test
You are right, the same md5 code works for Skynet. Let me check what I do wrong.

Good stuff! Was going to say if changes needed I can do before 10AM GMT then i'm off to look at a potential house to rent
I was comparing YazFi against Stubby, so the result was correct in a way...

Is there any way to make the devices connected to YazFi appear on the router admin Network map?
In addition to the methods Jack Yaz suggested to display the devices connected to YazFi one can also, via ssh, do:
Code:
cat /var/lib/misc/dnsmasq.leases
For example, if using Windows one can create a batch (bat) file to run the command via Plink. I have a shortcut on my Windows Desktop for the batch file to call up when I want to see the devices connected (current lease devices). Example script:
Code:
plink.exe -batch -ssh -l <ssh login name> -pw <ssh password> <router IP address> cat /var/lib/misc/dnsmasq.leases

PAUSE

Last edited:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!