What's new

YazFi YazFi - enhanced AsusWRT-Merlin Guest WiFi inc. SSID <-> VPN Client

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

If I reboot then the client (TV) takes the original lan address. I then renegotiate the network and it takes the YazFi address.
Might need more of a delay on the bounceclients after startup (bounceclients deauths all clients)

Ok so the device (TV) works and has the correct YazFi ip. The merlin firmware though still shows it connected with a original lan IP. I've got a feeling this has to be reset to defaults to get this working.

YazFi connected clients shows the truth. That is that, the devices have YazFI addresses.

Actually network map doesn't show any of the devices handled by YazFi.

DHCP log shows the truth as well. The YazFi addresses are there. It's just the wifi log that is wrong.

Every where but the wifi log shows the right ips. I just checked QOS and it shows the correct ips, and no duplicate devices.

Finally all devices showing as they should. Whew!! The last device I had issues with had a hard coded ip in a vpn client. That was what was hanging on and keeping the TV addressed with the original. Thanks Jack it was me and my config all along. I do think that the client isolation setting helped though. ;):)

Spoke to soon. The 2.4g settings are being ignored on this AX88U. I'm going to reset. I'll get back to you.

Well Jack I reset and set it up again and still nothing but trouble. The "wireless log" doesn't show the changes, dns stopped working no matter what I tried. I don't think this script is working well on the AX88U as I have no issues with YazFi on any of my other units. (AC3100 and AC68U) Any more ideas or can I help get this up and going somehow?

I think the changes I make in the script interface are not affected properly. It's like a build up of settings that end up in conflict with each other. I say this because sometimes if you remove the script and remove the config file and start over it will work. Just some strange things going on. Sorry bud! :confused::(

Ok Jack I got this working. The only bug is the "Wireless Log" the 2.4g area just doesn't update at this point. If you check the devices themselves they have the YazFi ips, and have access to the internet. Thanks for the great script, let me know if I can help iron out this bug. ;):)

Ok Jack I got this working. The only bug is the "Wireless Log" the 2.4g area just doesn't update at this point. If you check the devices themselves they have the YazFi ips, and have access to the internet. Thanks for the great script, let me know if I can help iron out this bug. ;):)
Very strange why the wireless log isn't showing the correct IP, maybe one for @RMerlin as I don't know how that page populates the IP addresses.

Just to throw my 50 cent into the round, I have the problem that if I reboot my router no of my clients will connect to the guest Network IP range again, they all get a 192.168.1.x IP address instead of a .2.x one. I have to restart each device that it will work again.. :(

Last edited:
Hey @Jack Yaz looks like I'm not alone. This could be a firmware issue. ;):)

The Wireless Log retrieves the IP from either the ARP cache, or the dnsmasq lease list.

Just to throw my 50 cent into the round, I have the problem that if I reboot my router no of my clients will connect to the guest Network IP range again, they all get a 192.168.1.x IP address instead of a .2.x one. I have to restart each device that it will work again.. :(
Can you try running
Code:
YazFi bounceclients
next time that happens?

Can you try running
Code:
YazFi bounceclients
next time that happens?

Sure! Tried it:

Code:
Mar 28 21:00:54 YazFi: Forcing YazFi Guest WiFi clients to reauthenticate
Mar 28 21:00:55 WLCEVENTD: wl0.1: Assoc 7C:49:EB:AF:92:0C

But sadly:
7C:49:EB:AF:92:0C
_S__AUG

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!