What's new

YazFi YazFi - enhanced AsusWRT-Merlin Guest WiFi inc. SSID <-> VPN Client

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

it should work with unbound, all YazFi does is redirect DNS traffic to an IP of your choosing.
I know it should, just not clear for me how to setup unbound to listen on guest network too. While I had dnsmasq dns wrapper layer I was getting it for free:) See my other post on unbound_manager forum, hope someone suggests something

I know it should, just not clear for me how to setup unbound to listen on guest network too. While I had dnsmasq dns wrapper layer I was getting it for free:) See my other post on unbound_manager forum, hope someone suggests something
ping me a copy of your unbound.conf configured to listen locally for DNS - it's probably a fairly simple change

Hi Folks,

Just installed (yesterday) Jack's awesome enhancement to Guest Networking (V4.0.3) and successfully configured YazFi from the Putty command line with both configs being passed in green text...

In the Merlin 384.17 Web GUI I have the YazFi tab but on selecting it I have only a blank page reporting in bold text "404 Not Found" and in standard text "file not found". Reviewed all settings and cannot see anything obvious. Performed an update request (Option "u") and YazFi is successfully updated to V4.0.4 but no change to the Web GUI.

In case it is relevant I have an RT AX88U with the Router IP set to a non-default double digit subnet (192.168.xx.1) and upon initial install did not realise (until reading from the control console) that the regular Guest Network should be enabled first. This I did, rebooted and from the terminal console at option "3" configured YazFi with the success response reported above.

Update... Following update I re-applied the YazFi settings (option "1") with the following output:

In Green Text..

YazFi: Mounting YazFi WebUI Page as user1.asp

In White text...

cp. Cannot stat '/jffs/addons/YazFi.d/YazFi_www.asp' : No such file or directory

In Green Text....

YazFi: W10.1 passed validation

YazFi: W10.2 passed validation

In White Text...

YazFi: W10.1 (SSID: MySSID) - VPN redirection enableded, sending all interface internet traffic over VPN Client 1

YazFi: W10.2 (SSID: MySSID) - VPN redirection enableded, sending all interface internet traffic over VPN Client 1

In Green Text...

YazFi: Forcing YazFi Guest WiFi clients to reauthenticate

YazFi: YazFi v4.04 completed successfully

Any thoughts?? What have I missed or done wrong??

Thanks guys!!

PC Pilot

Hi Folks,

Just installed (yesterday) Jack's awesome enhancement to Guest Networking (V4.0.3) and successfully configured YazFi from the Putty command line with both configs being passed in green text...

In the Merlin 384.17 Web GUI I have the YazFi tab but on selecting it I have only a blank page reporting in bold text "404 Not Found" and in standard text "file not found". Reviewed all settings and cannot see anything obvious. Performed an update request (Option "u") and YazFi is successfully updated to V4.0.4 but no change to the Web GUI.

In case it is relevant I have an RT AX88U with the Router IP set to a non-default double digit subnet (192.168.xx.1) and upon initial install did not realise (until reading from the control console) that the regular Guest Network should be enabled first. This I did, rebooted and from the terminal console at option "3" configured YazFi with the success response reported above.

Update... Following update I re-applied the YazFi settings (option "1") with the following output:

In Green Text..

YazFi: Mounting YazFi WebUI Page as user1.asp

In White text...

cp. Cannot stat '/jffs/addons/YazFi.d/YazFi_www.asp' : No such file or directory

In Green Text....

YazFi: W10.1 passed validation

YazFi: W10.2 passed validation

In White Text...

YazFi: W10.1 (SSID: MySSID) - VPN redirection enableded, sending all interface internet traffic over VPN Client 1

YazFi: W10.2 (SSID: MySSID) - VPN redirection enableded, sending all interface internet traffic over VPN Client 1

In Green Text...

YazFi: Forcing YazFi Guest WiFi clients to reauthenticate

YazFi: YazFi v4.04 completed successfully

Any thoughts?? What have I missed or done wrong??

Thanks guys!!

PC Pilot
Strange...I don't suppose you noticed any errors during install?

Hi Jack,

Didn't notice any error messages during install... everything completed as expected and only when I opened the YazFi console did I realise that it was necessary to define a Standard Guest Network as noted earlier....

What would you recommend as a next step ??

Thanks,

PC Pilot

Hi Jack,

Didn't notice any error messages during install... everything completed as expected and only when I opened the YazFi console did I realise that it was necessary to define a Standard Guest Network as noted earlier....

What would you recommend as a next step ??

Thanks,

PC Pilot
Can you try option uf in the menu?

If that doesn't work, what does
Code:
ls /jffs/addons/YazFi.d/
return?

Hi Jack,

Option "uf" from the menu reports:

In Green Text....

YazFi: Downloading latest version (v4.0.4) of YazFi

In White Text....

YazFi: YazFi successfully updated - restarting firewall to apply update

In Yellow Text....

YazFi: WebUI is only supported on Merlin 384.15 and later

No change, WebUI still unavailable and reporting in bold text "404 Not Found" and in standard text "file not found"...….

"ls /jffs/addons/YazFi.d/" reports: config config.bak config.example

Thanks for your continued assisance in attempting to resolve the issue :)

PC Pilot

Hi Jack,

Option "uf" from the menu reports:

In Green Text....

YazFi: Downloading latest version (v4.0.4) of YazFi

In White Text....

YazFi: YazFi successfully updated - restarting firewall to apply update

In Yellow Text....

YazFi: WebUI is only supported on Merlin 384.15 and later

No change, WebUI still unavailable and reporting in bold text "404 Not Found" and in standard text "file not found"...….

"ls /jffs/addons/YazFi.d/" reports: config config.bak config.example

Thanks for your continued assisance in attempting to resolve the issue :)

PC Pilot
Very strange that it won't download the WebUI page...
what does
Code:
uname -o
nvram get rc_support | grep -qF "am_addons"
show?

v4.0.4 is now available!
Changelog:
Code:
FIXED: Fix for ifconfig validation when LAN/router ends .2 (clash with broadcast address)
CHANGED: Turn radio off and on rather than de-auth
CHANGED: Change lease time to 24h
Just curious what prompted the change to "Turn radio off and on rather than de-auth"? What is the advantage?

Also, why move to 24Hh lease time? Although I think this is the default DHCP lease time in the router, why force it in YazFi if the user has chosen otherwise elsewhere in the settings?

Neither are dealbreakers for me, just wondering what advantages these bring.

Just curious what prompted the change to "Turn radio off and on rather than de-auth"? What is the advantage?

Also, why move to 24Hh lease time? Although I think this is the default DHCP lease time in the router, why force it in YazFi if the user has chosen otherwise elsewhere in the settings?

Neither are dealbreakers for me, just wondering what advantages these bring.
Radio off/on rather than de-auth was because my Ring doorbell and chime wouldn't reconnect properly after a de-auth (new addition to the network!)

12h was something i'd left in from ages ago, i meant to make it 24h to match the typical "default" lease. If adding extra settings wasn't such a PITA i would make it an option in YazFi :)

Very strange that it won't download the WebUI page...
what does
uname -o
nvram get rc_support | grep -qF "am_addons"
return?

uname -o gives: GNU/Linux

nvram get rc_support | grep -qF "am_addons" gives: grep: am_addons: no such file or directory :oops:

any thoughts?

PC Pilot

He probably has a different busybox installed from Entware.

Hi Jack,

As an unashamed novice, I can confirm that I have not 'self compiled' however..... and I suspect RMerlin is correct …..as I have been using for some while an excellent SCRIPTS-BOOTLOADER-FOR-ASUS-ROUTER (see here https://www.snbforums.com/threads/w...with-asuswrt-merlin-384-12.57270/#post-500681 for brief details and GitHub link https://github.com/JACK-THINK/SCRIPTS-BOOTLOADER-FOR-ASUS-ROUTER/releases/ ) which may provide an explanation as it installs Entware amongst other pre-requisites (such as Monit) for easy install/use of various addon scripts ??

Were to now?? Should I contact JACK-THINK?? ...or is there a work around??

PC Pilot

Hi Jack,

As an unashamed novice, I can confirm that I have not 'self compiled' however..... and I suspect RMerlin is correct …..as I have been using for some while an excellent SCRIPTS-BOOTLOADER-FOR-ASUS-ROUTER (see here https://www.snbforums.com/threads/w...with-asuswrt-merlin-384-12.57270/#post-500681 for brief details and GitHub link https://github.com/JACK-THINK/SCRIPTS-BOOTLOADER-FOR-ASUS-ROUTER/releases/ ) which may provide an explanation as it installs Entware amongst other pre-requisites (such as Monit) for easy install use of various addon scripts ??

Were to now?? Should I contact JACK-THINK?? ...or is there a work around??

PC Pilot
I'm unlikely to write in support for a nonstandard busybox, to be honest.

...of course Jack, completely understand ...and certainly didn't intend for you to think otherwise BTW :oops:

I have to confess that my networking knowledge is very basic/weak.... though I am always keen to learn :) .....so as yet, even the term 'Busybox' means nothing to me :confused: ...but as RMerlin mentioned Entware that certainly struck a chord as I knew the bootloader installed this as part of its routine..

I am happy to contact JACK-THINK to discuss the anomaly and I know that he is constantly expanding the add-ons to incorporate (or at least ensure compatibility with) other highly regarded scripts like YazFi to ease the install process for the pure novices like myself.

By work around, I actually meant (and should have been more specific, sorry) is there a manual install script/process to install the missing files/directories....

Certainly did not mean to offend :oops:

Thanks again

PC Pilot

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!