What's new

YazFi Yazfi guest network subnets with WebUI Network Map

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

F-4Phantom

Occasional Visitor
I have a feeling I already know the answer, but wanted to ask before I inadvertently break something by fiddling around.

I *love* the extended capabilities of YazFi! I have a guest network created that I use solely for all those crummy low security IoT devices that seem to keep accumulating on my network.

I like that YazFi let's me force that guest network to be an entirely different subnet from my main LAN. Of course, when I do set the guest network to be its own subnet, the list of devices on that subnet no longer show up in the WebUI Network Map list of clients. Obviously, YazFi is working as intended!

Is there a way to view a list of clients on the guest network subnet from the WebUI?

I have a feeling I already know the answer, but wanted to ask before I inadvertently break something by fiddling around.

I *love* the extended capabilities of YazFi! I have a guest network created that I use solely for all those crummy low security IoT devices that seem to keep accumulating on my network.

I like that YazFi let's me force that guest network to be an entirely different subnet from my main LAN. Of course, when I do set the guest network to be its own subnet, the list of devices on that subnet no longer show up in the WebUI Network Map list of clients. Obviously, YazFi is working as intended!

Is there a way to view a list of clients on the guest network subnet from the WebUI?
best bet is wireless log in the system log area (until i get round to making a webui version of YazFi's command line client listing)

best bet is wireless log in the system log area (until i get round to making a webui version of YazFi's command line client listing)

Hi Jack,
Thanks for your great script. I see there is something wrong in wireless log because the IP for one of the IoT devices is different from what script says.

Did you power off and restart that IoT device?

So, you can then. :)

Did you?

I've had a similar experience the last day or two. AC66U-B1 router with the latest Merlin firmware and all scripts updated.

Over the weekend the script would assign each guest network a separate subnet, as intended.

Starting yesterday, it doesn't appear to be doing so anymore. Each time I reboot, all the clients on each guest network all use the same subnet.

I've manually looked at the YazFi config file and verify it is correct.

But even after reapplying the YazFi settings and rebooting the router, it still shows all clients on the same subnet.

It's frustrating as I had it working perfectly for several days and then all the sudden yesterday AM it got broken. And I'm not sure why.

I have 35 clients on the network.

I noticed during a router reboot, all 35 clients would briefly show up in the webui Network Map tab for a few seconds before the script completed and then it would show 10 clients on the default subnet (which was correct). Looking at the Wireless log, it would show all other clients on the appropriate subnets for each guest network.

I've had a similar experience the last day or two. AC66U-B1 router with the latest Merlin firmware and all scripts updated.

Over the weekend the script would assign each guest network a separate subnet, as intended.

Starting yesterday, it doesn't appear to be doing so anymore. Each time I reboot, all the clients on each guest network all use the same subnet.

I've manually looked at the YazFi config file and verify it is correct.

But even after reapplying the YazFi settings and rebooting the router, it still shows all clients on the same subnet.

It's frustrating as I had it working perfectly for several days and then all the sudden yesterday AM it got broken. And I'm not sure why.

I have 35 clients on the network.

I noticed during a router reboot, all 35 clients would briefly show up in the webui Network Map tab for a few seconds before the script completed and then it would show 10 clients on the default subnet (which was correct). Looking at the Wireless log, it would show all other clients on the appropriate subnets for each guest network.

That does sound frustrating

I've noticed several other odd behaviors as well, unrelated to YazFi, so I have a feeling that may be the cause. I uninstalled all scripts, including YazFi, and then re-installed only YazFi, and get the same behavior.

I've also noticed that all my port forwards on the WAN settings get dropped every time the router reboots. That's a recent problem as well.

I have a feeling I'm headed to for a factory reset. Hopefully that will get everything sorted. Now I just need to find the time to take everything down for an hour while I do that.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!