What's new

YazFi YazFi v4.x

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Is two way access enabled on both guests?
Sorry, I did an error while asking my question. Is there a way a device connected to a guest ssid can communicate with a device on the regular ssid. As L&LD have pointed out guest ssid have different subnet. Yes I have enabled access intranet and two ways communication.

I also want to thanks you guys for all you work and help @L&LD for your tutos, @Jack Yaz fir your scrip and of course the man Éric

Sorry, I did an error while asking my question. Is there a way a device connected to a guest ssid can communicate with a device on the regular ssid. As L&LD have pointed out guest ssid have different subnet. Yes I have enabled access intranet and two ways communication.

I also want to thanks you guys for all you work and help @L&LD for your tutos, @Jack Yaz fir your scrip and of course the man Éric
Two way access should allow that. What are the devices that you are trying to connect?

Hi, I am looking for a way to create a dual band Work AP that is isolated from the main LAN yet allows the clients to communicate with each other. I can see that YazFi allows me to control the AP isolation, but is it possible to bridge 2.4GHz and 5GHz Guest APs to create a dual band Guest AP?

v4.3.0 is now available
Changelog:

• NEW: View connected clients for YazFi networks on the YazFi WebUI page
  • NEW: Support/compatibility for VPN Director (Merlin firmware feature)
  • IMPROVED: Connected client output now includes extra information such as RSSI, Rx/Tx rates, connected time
  • IMPROVED: WebUI support for MIPS based routers running John's fork (WebUI updating still unsupported)
  • IMPROVED: Added check for LAN access being toggled to persistence check
  • IMPROVED: Allow YazFi guests to talk to local upstream DNS servers even if redirecting traffic to VPN e.g. YazFi is running on a router
  • behind a router and DNS is handled by upstream router
  • FIXED: Prevent NextDNS blocking YazFi from working correctly
  • CHANGED: Cookie expiry for collapsed WebUI sections increased to 10 years
  • CHANGED: Always block DoT if Force DNS is set, not just if router DoT is turned on
  • CHANGED: Allow YazFi to override exclusive DNS for VPN client

v4.3.0 is now available
Changelog:

Thanks for the update. Not sure this is happening for others, or if this is expected operation, but the new connected clients section(s) on the YazFi GUI seem to be auto expanding/collapsing on their own apparently every 5 seconds due to table will refresh option. In one case there is only one guest client so the list shows the client, then collapses, then expands again, over and over. Using the Brave browser on Windows 10.

Thanks for the update. Not sure this is happening for others, or if this is expected operation, but the new connected clients section(s) on the YazFi GUI seem to be auto expanding/collapsing on their own apparently every 5 seconds due to table will refresh option. In one case there is only one guest client so the list shows the client, then collapses, then expands again, over and over. Using the Brave browser on Windows 10.
is brave blocking cookies by chance?

is brave blocking cookies by chance?
Probably am blocking cookies, but its also happening with Chrome, Firefox and Edge browsers too. Working on trying to get a screen capture and can PM you the link once uploaded to Youtube. Edit: PM'd youtube link to short video showing what's happening.

Last edited:
v4.3.0 is now available
Changelog:

• NEW: Support/compatibility for VPN Director (Merlin firmware feature)
  • IMPROVED: Connected client output now includes extra information such as RSSI, Rx/Tx rates, connected time
  • IMPROVED: WebUI support for MIPS based routers running John's fork (WebUI updating still unsupported)
  • IMPROVED: Added check for LAN access being toggled to persistence check
  • IMPROVED: Allow YazFi guests to talk to local upstream DNS servers even if redirecting traffic to VPN e.g. YazFi is running on a router
  • behind a router and DNS is handled by upstream router
  • FIXED: Prevent NextDNS blocking YazFi from working correctly
  • CHANGED: Cookie expiry for collapsed WebUI sections increased to 10 years
  • CHANGED: Always block DoT if Force DNS is set, not just if router DoT is turned on
  • CHANGED: Allow YazFi to override exclusive DNS for VPN client
A big thanks to @ardennguyen for helping test

Thank you @Jack Yaz Merlin 386.3 supported? I note compatibility with VPN Director, guessing yes. TIA

Hi Jack, not trying to be a pest but version number has not changed from May?
1627232184426.png

Just upgraded to 386.3 and YazFi 4.3.

Trying to understand the entries that I should see in the VPN Director tab and VPN Client tab when using YazFi.

I currently have Guest Network 2 managed by YazFi and it is set to redirect to VPN Client 1. VPN Director shows two entries for the same IP range:
1. 2.4GHz Guest 2
2. YazFi Guest 2

Are both these entries required for YazFi to work properly? Or is this an artifact of the upgrade?

I do have x3mRouting v2.4.5 installed (which hasn't been updated for 386.3) so it may be an entry generated by that too.

Also, are Two way to guest, One way to guest, and Client isolation working properly now? I recall having to enable One way to Guest to get the Guest Network to operate properly and that those menu selections weren't operating as intended at some point. I searched to see if this was patched, but couldn't find a definitive answer.

Lastly, thanks for the update. Seeing clients on the YazFi tab is awesome!

Just upgraded to 386.3 and YazFi 4.3.

Trying to understand the entries that I should see in the VPN Director tab and VPN Client tab when using YazFi.

I currently have Guest Network 2 managed by YazFi and it is set to redirect to VPN Client 1. VPN Director shows two entries for the same IP range:
1. 2.4GHz Guest 2
2. YazFi Guest 2

Are both these entries required for YazFi to work properly? Or is this an artifact of the upgrade?
delete the first one

Hi, I am looking for a way to create a dual band Work AP that is isolated from the main LAN yet allows the clients to communicate with each other. I can see that YazFi allows me to control the AP isolation, but is it possible to bridge 2.4GHz and 5GHz Guest APs to create a dual band Guest AP?
not yet, but i've been dabbling with bridging in the background to see if its possible to bundle into yazfi

not yet, but i've been dabbling with bridging in the background to see if its possible to bundle into yazfi
Thx, that promising. But in the meantime, is it possible to do from command line? I understand that each Guest AP is an interface and I was hoping there would be a way to do that. Cannot find any reference about how to do this, though.

Last edited:
Just wondering if anyone else is seeing regular spikes in high (over 50%) CPU usage now with YazFi?

When I kill YazFi Monitor the spikes stop.

Code:
/jffs/addons/YazFi.d/S98YazFiMonitor stop

Where the yellow arrow is, is about where I issued the stop code. The routine spikes appear to stop after that.

CPU_YazFi.png

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!