What's new

YazFi YazFi v4.x

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Can you send a log from browser console when the page doesn't load please?
Hi, Jack. Here are the logs. Thanks again.

jquery.js:1 Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found)
user1.asp:119 Uncaught ReferenceError: jQuery is not defined
at user1.asp:11_
user1.asp:11_ Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'ajax' of undefined
at get_conf_file (user1.asp:11_)
at initial (user1.asp:11_)
at onload (user1.asp:12_)

Hi, Jack. Here are the logs. Thanks again.

jquery.js:1 Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found)
user1.asp:119 Uncaught ReferenceError: jQuery is not defined
at user1.asp:11_
user1.asp:11_ Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'ajax' of undefined
at get_conf_file (user1.asp:11_)
at initial (user1.asp:11_)
at onload (user1.asp:12_)
Can you check if /jffs/addons/shared-jy is populated?

Hi Jack,

For some reason, the guest 2.4ghz VLAN's refuse to allow clients to connect after a while. It's causing a lot of my home automation stuff, which I keep walled off in the VLAN, to then break. Any ideas on how to fix this? The workaround I've found is to go to the YazFi tab, and click "Apply". It'll then allow clients to connect for a day or so, and then the same problem will come up.

The 5ghz guest network works fine.

Yaz.png

Hi Jack,

For some reason, the guest 2.4ghz VLAN's refuse to allow clients to connect after a while. It's causing a lot of my home automation stuff, which I keep walled off in the VLAN, to then break. Any ideas on how to fix this?

The 5ghz guest network works fine.
Do the devices report a loss of connectivity? Do they still appear in YazFi's status option in the CLI?

Which router and f/w?

I use the 2.4GHz guest for a lot of IoT stuff and I haven't seen this :/

Do the devices report a loss of connectivity? Do they still appear in YazFi's status option in the CLI?

Which router and f/w?

I use the 2.4GHz guest for a lot of IoT stuff and I haven't seen this :/

Router: RT-AC86U, 386.1_2

Here's what the connected clients say:

Yaz.png

206 is my HASS instance.

On android, it'll hang on the "Obtaining IP address..." part, and then say "Failed to connect to network", or if it does connect, "No Internet"

I can ping the clients connected, but it's pretty hit or miss. Sometimes will time out, sometimes <1ms, sometimes 2000+ms

View attachment 31420

206 is my HASS instance.

On android, it'll hang on the "Obtaining IP address..." part, and then say "Failed to connect to network", or if it does connect, "No Internet"

I can ping the clients connected, but it's pretty hit or miss. Sometimes will time out, sometimes <1ms, sometimes 2000+ms
when the system is next in a broken state, can you use the Diagnostics option and PM me the passphrase please? If you don;t have a file hosting system then let me know and I'll send a dropbox link

View attachment 31420

206 is my HASS instance.

thanks for diags. out of interest on the Android, do you have Private DNS enabled?
and what sits on 192.168.50.206 ? i notice you have DNS pointing to it

When I put that command through ssh I get nothing in return.

Do you think I should uninstall Yazfi and reinstall again?

Thanks again.
Code:
ls -la /jffs/addons/shared-jy
returns nothing?

if so, use option uf in YazFi to force redownload it

When I put that command through ssh I get nothing in return.
As Jack indicated run the command:
Code:
ls -la /jffs/addons/shared-jy

It should return something like the following.

YazFi.jpg

Last edited:
Hi

is it normal that being connected via wifi YAZFI it is not possible to log into the router's website?
Have checked option wl01_TWOWAYTOGUEST.

Hello, I've arrived here searching for help with my IOT device connectivity. I have a number of 2.4Ghz devices including CCTV cameras connected to my network that rely on AiMesh nodes for their connectivity as my main router is in the centre of my home. I have been suffering from poor 2.4Ghz speed which is affecting my cameras and to cut a long story short it seems that they see too much broadcast and possibly multicast traffic, and I can get the same results with a laptop or phone. If I create a separate broadcast domain by putting them on their own wireless router downstream of my own network the network throughput is much better, but this doesn't work for my other devices that need to be on the same subnet.

Ideally I would use Guest Network 1 distributed to all AiMesh nodes with guest isolation turned on, however I am rapidly confirming that this is still broken on the latest releases.

Things are slightly improved if I use APs instead of AiMesh, however I have no option to create isolated guest networks which is what is really needed to get away from the broadcast etc. Can YAZFI help me create a separate subnet for a guest network on an AP?

I have a slight problem with the webGUI. It seems that the Diversion GUI decided to use the same page as YazFi and a force reinstall of YazFi didn't bring back the GUI. Any ideas what I can do to resolve this?
1617973824323.png

I have a slight problem with the webGUI. It seems that the Diversion GUI decided to use the same page as YazFi and a force reinstall of YazFi didn't bring back the GUI. Any ideas what I can do to resolve this?
View attachment 32981
i uninstalled the diversion beta webui. it doesn't honour the agreed mechanisms for mounting tabs at the moment and likely to conflict (hint hint @thelonelycoder )

Now I get a 404 error. I used scMerlin to restart httpd, and used a uf update on YazFi again. But still 404. Should I reboot?

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!