What's new

YazFi YazFi v4.x

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I read in the first post I can apply DNSfilter to guests. Would you explain how? Can I apply time scheduling from parenteral control to guests?

Hello,

Thanks for all of your work. After updating to 4.2.0 I see that client isolation no longer works for guest network 2 (5G). Any ideas on what I could do to make it work again?

Hello,

Thanks for all of your work. After updating to 4.2.0 I see that client isolation no longer works for guest network 2 (5G). Any ideas on what I could do to make it work again?
router model and firmware version? how are you testing client isolation?

router model and firmware version? how are you testing client isolation?
ASUS RT-AC3100, Merlin 386.1

I am simply able to access all of IoT devices like fire sticks and chrome casts from my Guest Network tablet. Wasn’t able to access before updating.

ASUS RT-AC3100, Merlin 386.1

I am simply able to access all of IoT devices like fire sticks and chrome casts from my Guest Network tablet. Wasn’t able to access before updating.
so are the IoT devices on the same network as the tablet?

Yes guest tablet is on the same network with the chrome cast and fire TVs with client isolation enabled. They can still access and communicate with each other with CI on.
ok, might be a wireless driver issue out of my control.
what do you get if you run the below at the command line?
Code:
nvram get wl1.2_ap_isolate
cat /sys/devices/virtual/net/wl1.2/brport/isolate_mode 
wl -i wl1.2 ap_isolate

Last edited:
ok, might be a wireless driver issue out of my control.
what do you get if you run the below at the command line?
Code:
nvram get wl1.2_ap_isolate
cat /sys/devices/virtual/net/wl1.2/brport/isolate_mode
wl -i wl1.2 ap_isolate
I tried to check on other devices and still seems to persist. I reinstalled Yazfi and cleared jffs partition, issue still persists. Though now I can also no longer use the GUI for Yazfi which is fine, just strange. Only the check for update shows.

Still not getting client isolation though. Is there a specific location to run this code? I ran it through the command line when SSHd in and I got no response.

I tried to check on other devices and still seems to persist. I reinstalled Yazfi and cleared jffs partition, issue still persists. Though now I can also no longer use the GUI for Yazfi which is fine, just strange. Only the check for update shows.

Still not getting client isolation though. Is there a specific location to run this code? I ran it through the command line when SSHd in and I got no response.
No response from any of the 3 commands? That's very strange.

No special location, just via SSH. did you install YazFi before or after wiping jffs? I assume you mean after.

No response from any of the 3 commands? That's very strange.

No special location, just via SSH. did you install YazFi before or after wiping jffs? I assume you mean after.

Yes. First command no response, second command I got "No such file or directory" and third command no response.

Yes I SSHd in and typed the commands in from there.

After noticing client isolation not working after update I uninstalled YazFi, wiped jffs then reinstalled. Noticed GUI was only showing check for updates. No problem setup through script and guest networks appear to be running, however still no client isolation and GUI doesn't show much information aside from check for update.

GUI not a huge deal for me but client isolation not working after update not sure what to do.

Yes. First command no response, second command I got "No such file or directory" and third command no response.

Yes I SSHd in and typed the commands in from there.

After noticing client isolation not working after update I uninstalled YazFi, wiped jffs then reinstalled. Noticed GUI was only showing check for updates. No problem setup through script and guest networks appear to be running, however still no client isolation and GUI doesn't show much information aside from check for update.

GUI not a huge deal for me but client isolation not working after update not sure what to do.
re. GUI check browser console errors, something is amiss. can I double check which guest network you've configured?

re. GUI check browser console errors, something is amiss. can I double check which guest network you've configured?

Tried different browsers GUI issue persists but I think may have to do with formatting jffs. I’ll look into that one further.

Client isolation issue is strange for me.
Sure. Guest Network 2 (w10.2) and Guest Network 2 (w11.2)

Also reran your commands and rebooted. It seems now I can see the devices on the network but I cannot interact with them. Which is a good sign.

For example, I see “Device name” but cannot cast to that device. Names show now but it seems like a good sign.

If when I created the AImesh Node I had your test/dev version of YazFI on the main router, does that config then get copied to the node at creation? I've since updated to the latest version and when I connect my device to the network I show up in SSH as a connected device under (192.168.2.xxx) but when my roommate connects to the node (forgets network and reconnects devices) it doesn't work. He still gets assigned a 192.168.1.xxx

does updating yazfi on the main router update it on the node? Would recreating the node now with the host router being up to date fix my issues?

If when I created the AImesh Node I had your test/dev version of YazFI on the main router, does that config then get copied to the node at creation? I've since updated to the latest version and when I connect my device to the network I show up in SSH as a connected device under (192.168.2.xxx) but when my roommate connects to the node (forgets network and reconnects devices) it doesn't work. He still gets assigned a 192.168.1.xxx

does updating yazfi on the main router update it on the node? Would recreating the node now with the host router being up to date fix my issues?
aimesh syncing isnt supported

Tried different browsers GUI issue persists but I think may have to do with formatting jffs. I’ll look into that one further.

Client isolation issue is strange for me.
Sure. Guest Network 2 (w10.2) and Guest Network 2 (w11.2)

Also reran your commands and rebooted. It seems now I can see the devices on the network but I cannot interact with them. Which is a good sign.

For example, I see “Device name” but cannot cast to that device. Names show now but it seems like a good sign.
may have been a jffs glitch. is it still OK now?

may have been a jffs glitch. is it still OK now?
GUI doesn’t work unfortunately, and client isolation seems to be working with the caveat that it discovers devices on the network (for example the name of device shows, whereas pre-update names did not show). One device cannot connect to another device on the network which is effective enough for me. Overall it is working though, I just have to SSH in for updates and configuration which is no biggie! Thanks again Jack for all of your help.

GUI doesn’t work unfortunately, and client isolation seems to be working with the caveat that it discovers devices on the network (for example the name of device shows, whereas pre-update names did not show). One device cannot connect to another device on the network which is effective enough for me. Overall it is working though, I just have to SSH in for updates and configuration which is no biggie! Thanks again Jack for all of your help.
Can you send a log from browser console when the page doesn't load please?

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!