What's new

YazFi Yazfi with AIMesh 2.0 Nodes with the same subnet ip + settings??

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

mbze430

Regular Contributor
anyone know if Yazfi will ever support Aimesh 2.0 where it will pass all the same subnet to the Aimesh Node? right now it looks like from testing with 2.4ghz-1 guest wifi it is not passing the same subnet ips in the node as it is in the router.

Of course. But not while it is still in Beta.

Thanks for clarifying @Jack Yaz. I hope many more donations come your way soon!

While I could work with users who do have Aimesh I find it near impossible to develop and test as I'd be relying on the other user to test every time i make a change. It just wouldn't be feasible :(
Why don't you buy a bigger house? :rolleyes:
Then you'd need another AP... :D

It's unlikely. I'd need to have an Aimesh node to even begin developing and reverse engineering what asus are doing. As it stands I have just the one ac86u and no intentions of purchasing a router out of my own pocket as i get sufficient coverage across my house :)

Would getting for example an RT-AC66U_B1 actually be useful for you for development purposes (not just for AiMesh support)?

Would getting for example an RT-AC66U_B1 actually be useful for you for development purposes (not just for AiMesh support)?
I've looked into it previously but haven't gone through with a purchase yet. Having a non-HND router is something I'm keen to do, just have to justify the spend!

anyone know if Yazfi will ever support Aimesh 2.0 where it will pass all the same subnet to the Aimesh Node? right now it looks like from testing with 2.4ghz-1 guest wifi it is not passing the same subnet ips in the node as it is in the router.
take a look here for my findings

take a look here for my findings
Cool, thanks for the heads up. Although I prefer to keep my IoT devices all isolated and not able to communicate with each other or main subnet devices. Hopefully Yazfi will be updated to work with AIMesh 2.0

Cool, thanks for the heads up. Although I prefer to keep my IoT devices all isolated and not able to communicate with each other or main subnet devices. Hopefully Yazfi will be updated to work with AIMesh 2.0

YazFi does indeed work with Aimesh 2 - but only if you stay away from Guest 1 ... and then it does not repeat over nodes :-(
Definitely will need adaptation to work with node crossing - but no point embarking on that before Asus has fixed what seems so far to be pretty buggy beta stuff on the deployment of Guest Wifi over nodes.

It works if you change the dnsmasq settings properly it appears because the only thing they do is bridge interface of node guest network to main guest network. The only network capable of this feature is guest network 1.

While I could work with users who do have Aimesh I find it near impossible to develop and test as I'd be relying on the other user to test every time i make a change. It just wouldn't be feasible :(

I just picked up a refurbed ax58u for $125. its working great. I'm itching to hook up my ac66u_b1 when aimesh 2.0 is released. I see that the new firmware better isolates now with separate subnets for guest 1 networks. But still don't think its possible to specify specific dns for them.

But like you I probably don't need the mesh node for my small house. The ax58u has improved range enough that I could just retire the ac66u_b1 as a backup. But it would be a cool tech experiment and increase my wifi performance even more. Although it will probably also create more problems lol. But part of the fun right?

YazFi does indeed work with Aimesh 2 - but only if you stay away from Guest 1 ... and then it does not repeat over nodes :-(
Definitely will need adaptation to work with node crossing - but no point embarking on that before Asus has fixed what seems so far to be pretty buggy beta stuff on the deployment of Guest Wifi over nodes.
Yeah that is something I really hope to see is when guest wireless 2 & 3 get pushed over all the nodes

If this would work that would make life (of my IoT devices) so much easier.
Now these IoT devices get a correct IP address of the main router (AX88-U) with the right YazFi DHCP scope on Guest network 1 but when out of range of that main router they get the same SSID by one of 2 AiMesh nodes (NetgearR7000 flashed as AC68U) , but an IP of the main DHCP scope :(

Had high hopes AiMesh 2.0 would distribute all (or at least 1 hopefully 2) Guest networks transparant to all the AiMesh nodes with complete IPPlan coverage/routing etc.

Perhaps my hope were to high but he, its just februari 2021 still 10 months to go and hopefully more to come on the Asus/Merlin/YazFi side :)

If this would work that would make life (of my IoT devices) so much easier.
Now these IoT devices get a correct IP address of the main router (AX88-U) with the right YazFi DHCP scope on Guest network 1 but when out of range of that main router they get the same SSID by one of 2 AiMesh nodes (NetgearR7000 flashed as AC68U) , but an IP of the main DHCP scope :(

Had high hopes AiMesh 2.0 would distribute all (or at least 1 hopefully 2) Guest networks transparant to all the AiMesh nodes with complete IPPlan coverage/routing etc.

Perhaps my hope were to high but he, its just februari 2021 still 10 months to go and hopefully more to come on the Asus/Merlin/YazFi side :)

Not sure how Jack can make his custom settings get applied and synchronized to AIMesh nodes. If all nvram settings get synced, perhaps yazfi cn run on the aimesh nodes periodically to apply the same changes... hmm...

Not sure how Jack can make his custom settings get applied and synchronized to AIMesh nodes. If all nvram settings get synced, perhaps yazfi cn run on the aimesh nodes periodically to apply the same changes... hmm...
I'm holding off on digging in to anything too much. From the word's of Merlin himself, the Guest Network code is a mess so I'm fully expecting Asus to change things.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!