What's new

ZenWifi AX Strange LAN IP addresses

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Dr Nick

Occasional Visitor
Can anyone please tell me why some of my devices are showing an IP address of 192.168.101.xxx when they should be in the range of 192.168.0.xxx and why have I got figure of a person in the WiFi icon (see image).

I have two ASUS ZenWiFi AX (XT8)'s and one ASUS ZenWiFi AX Mini (XD4) setup in a mesh configuration.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-02-27 020039.jpg
    Screenshot 2021-02-27 020039.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 211
Guestnet 1.

is this normal to have guest net get totally different IP ranges? I noticed a few oddball things about them tonight:

• The 192.168.101.x guest IPs only take place in the first position guest network that is set up.
  • The 2.4ghz uses 101, the 5-1 uses 102 and the 5-2 uses 103
  • When i did not know what devices these were, i tried to block them, but that is not possible since the router thinks these addresses are invalid????
  • The other position guest networks honor the original ranges and I assume that is because they are anchored only to the router not the AP
So is this acceptable and normal for the router to be giving out addresses for a guest network out of the normal DHCP range?

Thanks

Yes it is. Search for more details.

Thanks L&LD, I did that before posting...not quite sure what to search for. Any info appreciated.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!